Help... Wrong Chick in order... Identity Unknown

Kat's Silly Chickens

Songster
9 Years
Sep 12, 2010
South Central Texas
Oh this is Depressing, we picked up chicks and got home and here's our story...
hit.gif

Our order was suppose to be:
Bantam Sultan SR 1
Blue Silkie Bantam ST RUN 1
Buff Silkie Bantam ST RUN 1
Red Silkie Bantam ST RUN 1

I was under the impression that all Silkies have dark blue flesh and bones, blue earlobes, and five toes on each foot and feathered legs/feet.
1 of the chicks we received (and it was snuggled down in the corner of the box so we didn't notice) is definitely not a Silkie.
ep.gif

It has pinkish yellow beak and legs, and has only 4 toes no feathers on legs/feet.
We can't go all the way back down to hatchery to replace the chick which we have no idea what type it is suppose to be.
Pictured below are all the chicks separated.

Could someone help to identify the Unknown Chick???
hu.gif

67650_img_0035.jpg

Blue Silkie
67650_img_0037.jpg

Red Silkie??? or Buff Silkie??? Which am I also?
hu.gif

67650_img_0036.jpg

Sultan
67650_img_0038.jpg

Please help me Identify my Chicks...
idunno.gif

Thank you,

Wow... this would be tough at this point... there are so many little pink chick breeds, it would be almost impossible to know until the chick is fledged out...
hmm.png

Last edited:
It is a bantam I guess, it was suppose to be a bantam silkie, red or buff... The 3rd pic is a silkie but don't know if it is a red or buff, maybe if I can get that 1 identified I'll know what color the other 1 is.

Sorry I put this in the wrong forum heading...

Hard to say but it Is cute though.If it's a clean leg bantam most likely an OEGB.I love mine. Hope it turns out to be a nice bird anyway.They are All adorable.

I had to think a minute on the OEGB. Will have to look it up.
I'm still trying to figure out which the 3rd pic is, 1 of them is mine, and the other's my dads and we play/hold our chicks separately so they get use to each of it's owners.
So in order to figure out the 1st pic's owner it'll be best to identify the color of the 3rd bird.
I'm gonna be
somad.gif
if 1st pic is mine, my first pair of chicks were the wrong breed, and I ordered the Red Silkie cause I liked the color. I don't want a Buff colored chicken.
hit.gif

Thank you for pointing me in a direction.

The silkie you have is a red silkie. So you are out your buff silkie.

Have no clue what breed the little one is.

Quote:
Oh, thank you...
ya.gif

My dad said if the light colored Silkie is the red 1, not to worry that the other isn't a Silkie, as long as me and mom got what we wanted.
celebrate.gif

If the 1st pic grows up to be buff colored he'll be happy, he jokingly named his Partridge Cochins Bar-B and Que and wanted to complete the sandwich with a cheese colored chicken.

I have been searching every Bantam breed to see if I can figure it out. I'll keep looking.
Thanks for your help
thumbsup.gif

That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure. If the girl that picked the order at least got a buff we'll be happy, but my dad wants some refund for it not being a Silkie. This is the 2nd time our order has had a mistake, but we have the number of chickens we want so that's what matters.
Thank you again reesepoultry

Back
Top Bottom