help wry neck duckling!

Still no real improvement as of this morning. Today i added brewers yeast though. Im not sure how long i should wait for improvement before making a more final decision.

Did you read the thread that I linked to in my previous post? Are you giving the polyvisol, too?

@Amiga

@PotatoWaffles

@Miss Lydia

The members I tagged above have experience with wry neck.

I would get a B complex capsule and add that to the drinking water. I would use the amount of B3 - niacin - in the capsule as a guide to the strength of the solution - 150 mg niacin per gallon of water.

You may need to dip the bill into a cup of the water or dribble the water onto the tip of the bill. General, improvement is seen within days, if it's a B vitamin deficiency.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/761308/peking-duckling-with-crooked-neck-help

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/857143/treating-wry-neck-in-crested-duckling-edited-title

Its not looking good yall. He was feisty this morning but went to give gim water and food this time he was kind of listless... Poor thing is giving up.... Thank you so much for all the support and advice i will certainly be more educated the next time i come across this issue. Say a little prayer for my duckling please.

Last edited:
Its not looking good yall. He was feisty this morning but went to give gim water and food this time he was kind of listless... Poor thing is giving up.... Thank you so much for all the support and advice i will certainly be more educated the next time i come across this issue. Say a little prayer for my duckling please.
I'm so sorry . I'll be praying .

Prayers sent.
fl.gif
Bless your heart for trying to help the baby. Even if he passes, at least it will be among someone that cares rather than at the feed store!

ill be praying for him no doubt. Just rember if you need any help just relpy to this thread, im sure people will help you. Just continue to do what your doing. I know this is very hard. Wry neck is a hard issue when it comes to ducklings. Please keeps us updated

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom