Help: Xbox360 versus xbox360 arcade whats the difference~ urgent!

bantymum

Songster
12 Years
Mar 3, 2007
4 hours from Sydney Australia
Hi guys, hope you all had a beautiful Christmas over there.
My son Mikey who is 10 has received money from all the relatives this year.
He has been wanting an xbox360 for ages.
Theres a xbox360 arcade on sale for $220 here.
What are the limitations on this model, can he play normal 360 games on it?
The shops arent open here yet this morning!
thanks for any help.
frow.gif

I don't know much about these things, but I do know my son has also been looking. He says the XBox 360's have an overheating problem that the manufacturer has not been able to correct as of yet. The "arcade" version might be an attempt to fix the problem.

Begin playing: Xbox 360 Arcade console is everything you need to begin playing right out of the box, including Family Settings that allow parents to restrict game access for younger players. Comes with a wireless controller, five arcade games, and a memory unit. This console includes an HDMI output, so you can experience your games in the highest definition possible, up to 1080p (HDMI cable sold separately).
Xbox LIVE: Xbox LIVE is where games and entertainment come alive, the only unified place where you can play with anyone, anytime, anywhere. Connect Xbox 360 to your broadband connection, attach a storage device (hard drive or memory unit) and get instant access to Xbox LIVE Silver. Express your digital identity through your gamertag and gamer card, talk with others using voice chat, and access Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
Games: Every Xbox 360 title supports 720p and 1080i high definition resolution or 480p standard definition resolution, in 16:9 widescreen, with anti-aliasing so you enjoy smooth, movie-like graphics and multi-channel surround sound. Vibrant characters display depth of emotion to evoke more dramatic responses, immersing you in the experience.
Digital entertainment: Amplify your music, photos, video, and TV. Watch progressive-scan DVD movies and share your digital pictures with friends. Xbox 360 also instantly streams the digital media stored on your MP3 player, Media Center PC, or any Microsoft
00ae.png
Windows
00ae.png
XP 2005 Edition-based PC.

This from the Xbox website. From what I understand it is a regular Xbox that comes with 5 arcade type games.Hope this helps.

Hi guys, thankyou for your help, ive been on the net trying to work it out but am not convinced that he can plonk a normal game in there. it looks like it is a "arcade type of game" console, Im hoping that some xbox type person here may have one of these and can let me know the limitations!!
TYhanks

Quote:
The arcade is the first step in Xboxes......for for ultimate gaming you need the Xbox 360 Elite... it allows you to play via the internet with other users.......

Quote:
The arcade is the first step in Xboxes......for for ultimate gaming you need the Xbox 360 Elite... it allows you to play via the internet with other users.......

Hi sweet lady!!!
Are you a gamer?
frow.gif

Quote:
Thankyou so much for that.
Its early here and im not as awake as I should be,
Wow, we will get dressed now and head to the shops, he is so excited!!
wee.gif
wee.gif

we dont want to play live games and we are on dialup anyhow so this console will be just fine!!

Quote:
Thankyou so much for that.
Its early here and im not as awake as I should be,
Wow, we will get dressed now and head to the shops, he is so excited!!
wee.gif
wee.gif

we dont want to play live games and we are on dialup anyhow so this console will be just fine!!

Glad that helped. Hope he enjoys.

Back
Top Bottom