Help y'all!! Rescued GSD issue!

You have very little to lose and so much to gain, if you try it. If it doesn't vvork out you have the knovvledge you did all you could, if it does vvork out you have the fortune of changing the vvorld for a dog and the unequalled love of a rescue dog!

On a side note, GOOD for you on keeping your boys intact until at least their 2nd birthdays. I think its responsible pet ovvnership! My saint pup vvon't be spayed until 22 months at the earliest, if at all.

I have tvvo intact female bullmastiifs, 8yrs and 4yrs. Have never had an accidental pregnancy here and its not just luck.

Can't vvait to see pics of the poor gal

(and about the silkies..... Don't feel bad, nobodies perfect
wink.png

Quote:
Except that she raises silkies........
big_smile.png

I give anyone room for one mistake, even if it's silkies.

True, yeah, but what a mistake!
wink.png

pics asap if you pick her up!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
No she doesnt...

We have consulted with our vet, the boys breeder and numerous GSD experts before reaching our decision that the boys will not be neutered before their second birthdays, if ever.

We are not irresponsibe pet owners that need the fail safe of neutering to make sure accidents don't happen. We make sure accidents don't happen by always being in control of our dogs.

I think Welsummer was suggesting neutering the dogs not to prevent pregnancy, but to prevent male-on-male aggression, but I could be wrong.

That said, I agree 100% about not neutering large dogs until they are fully grown at 2 years of age. My male GSD is still intact because he won't turn 2 until June. I'll make the decision at that point, but since he's not running loose around the neighborhood impregnating all the ladies, it's nobody's concern but mine whether he is neutered or not. Two years is also the age where OFA will certify a dog's hips.

I'm sorry I haven't posted an updated status of the GSD y'all. Things around here have been hectic the last few days, to say the least.

DH managed to find a temporary home for the girl with one of the deputies. We're hoping it will morph into a forever home, after all, who can resist the love of a GSD? But in the meantime, we're still inquiring about a place for her.

Back
Top Bottom