Help!!

sliukko

In the Brooder
Nov 2, 2016
Hello All, so glad to be a part of such a neat thing...I'm in desperate need of help. I have a Delaware rooster. He was hatched in July. Actually, I just realized yesterday he was a rooster. He has always been bigger than my others, but is now starting to get big tail feathers and a comb. He is so sweet, but as he's growing, one of his legs is slowly getting worse. I don't rearly know a lot about chickens at all. It's at like a 90 degree angle. I can tell it hurts if I touch it.

Last edited:
Has it always been bent this way, or has it been broken recently??? If recent, then maybe try some type of splint. If long term, then a corrective type of splint. I'm sure there are many reading this post and are thinking soup.. Not I. I am in a similar boat as you with 2 of my pigeons 3 months old. Their feet are spread apart. I installed a banding type of contraption to hold their feet as best positioned as I could. They do hop around and seem fine. When I do take off to change with new, they are not able to stand AT ALL.

WISHING YOU BEST and
welcome-byc.gif

Thank you...yea, definitely not soup for me either...he is too sweet and I could never. Haha. That's what I was thinking is a splint, but I was just scared to hurt him. I can tell he's in pain. He seems to keep up with the others, but getting worse. I don't think a break. I noticed when he was pretty young, but just didn't know enough about chickens to even realize it would be an issue. Poor guy.

What a shame. You might try posting in the "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures, "thread with good pictures to show how he carries that leg.

Back
Top Bottom