Help

Sorry I could not take a pic holding him. It looks like something yellow and something read coming out of him. He pushes it moves in and out :-(

it looks like he may have already pulled some intestine out
hmm.png
you could try to push it back in VERY GENTLY with bacitracin or some other antibiotic ointment

i wouldnt get my hopes up too high though, sorry

Today was day 21 I set them at 2 pm on a Friday 3 weeks ago. Must have been to high cuz half are out
i think its fine
what kind of chickens are they?

A backyard mix including amaruacana, Cochin, Easter Eggers, Olive Eggers and silkie hens. The rooster was Cochin Americana mix. :-( I will try to push it in cuz yes it looks oUT :-(

A backyard mix including amaruacana, Cochin, Easter Eggers, Olive Eggers and silkie hens. The rooster was Cochin Americana mix. :-( I will try to push it in cuz yes it looks oUT :-(
make sure it stays moist, and you can put a bandaid over it to help it stay in, the bird will lose some fluff but if it helps intestines to stay in its worth it

good luck

make sure it stays moist, and you can put a bandaid over it to help it stay in, the bird will lose some fluff but if it helps intestines to stay in its worth it

good luck

I lost it last night before my last check in at 9 she or she was no longer moving and still :-( temp was good rag was still moist and all looked ok. I just could not push the intestin in :-( I am afraid for the rest. Read a post that it's cuz I did not turn enough or temp changes. I have a Turner and kept it at 99.5. Super hard to see this. Set 46 eggs. I have lost 1 and another the yellow one is doing OK but has that title thing hanging too a lot smaller. Just due to the fact I have had 3 so far an still waiting on 20 makes me think that yes I did something wrong during the incubation

I lost it last night before my last check in at 9 she or she was no longer moving and still :-( temp was good rag was still moist and all looked ok. I just could not push the intestin in :-( I am afraid for the rest. Read a post that it's cuz I did not turn enough or temp changes. I have a Turner and kept it at 99.5. Super hard to see this. Set 46 eggs. I have lost 1 and another the yellow one is doing OK but has that title thing hanging too a lot smaller. Just due to the fact I have had 3 so far an still waiting on 20 makes me think that yes I did something wrong during the incubation
there are many things that can go wrong in incubation, the chick could have pulled it out by itself

how old are the birds that laid the eggs you incubated?
did you calibrate yout thermo/hygro
what kind of incubator are you using
breeder nutrition is also very important
turning is most important in the first 14 days, you want to make sure that they are turned an odd number of times (3, 5, 7, etc)

and remember many broody chickens get 40-60% hatch rates

Omg so much could have gone wrong. Got the eggs from a lady she free ranged her hens no idea on the age work feed. Checked the rest of my eggs and possibly have 3 or 4 that look ok. It is a 50 hatch but Omg it's so hard to know the rest will not hatch. They are the last to hatch. The ones with issues. The first ones did great. If I ever do this again I definitely will do a few things differently. Thank you so much for the help. Today in total depression mode. Read and read and like you said so many thing could have done it :-(

Back
Top Bottom