HELP

:hugs

If she ate before she fell, it might have shoved the food up her crop making the odd lump... just an idea...

Does look bruised, but I doubt her neck is broken, she wouldn't be able to hold her head up...

Just watch the bruised area for swelling, if it swells and doesn't stop, then that's internal bleeding...

Just keep her warm and quiet with minimal disturbances til she heals up... :fl

Thank you all so much! She is acting totally normal , and she is okay today, she still has the bump, and her chest is still shifted, but when it comes to behavior she acts normal, other than she doesn't follow me around the yard anymore, does she think it was my fault, will I ever get her trust back?

:hugs

If she ate before she fell, it might have shoved the food up her crop making the odd lump... just an idea...

Does look bruised, but I doubt her neck is broken, she wouldn't be able to hold her head up...

Just watch the bruised area for swelling, if it swells and doesn't stop, then that's internal bleeding...

Just keep her warm and quiet with minimal disturbances til she heals up... :fl
Maybe , after she fell she kind of spit out a little food

Thank you all so much! She is acting totally normal , and she is okay today, she still has the bump, and her chest is still shifted, but when it comes to behavior she acts normal, other than she doesn't follow me around the yard anymore, does she think it was my fault, will I ever get her trust back?

Most likely you will, just go slowly with her and offer treats she likes... thawed frozen peas, earthworms or mealworms are good ones to try... ducks don't like change, so may take a while before they realize those are goodies...

And just cover the top of the box if you pick them up in one again... :)

Maybe , after she fell she kind of spit out a little food

Sounds like she had a full crop then... ducks crops are on their right side and is usually most visible when they're ducklings and after they eat a lot...

Back
Top Bottom