HELP

Hannahbell1129

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2018
Okay so one of my ducklings have just started to get really big , too big to hold with one hand, so I've been carrying them in a box instead of my hands well I went to start setting the box down and they jumped out , I started crying , one of the ducks seemed perfectly fine (the younger one) but the older one , I felt her, her bones seem okay but it's almost like her chest has shifted to the side and I feel so bad, I love her so much, is she gonna be okay? How do you tell if they are hurt, she seems mad at me and I just wanna know how to fix it , I think I seriously messed up, she keeps pausing and like idk , trying to bend her neck down , I'm scared, help Snapchat-1183355206.jpg

:hugs

If she ate before she fell, it might have shoved the food up her crop making the odd lump... just an idea...

Does look bruised, but I doubt her neck is broken, she wouldn't be able to hold her head up...

Just watch the bruised area for swelling, if it swells and doesn't stop, then that's internal bleeding...

Just keep her warm and quiet with minimal disturbances til she heals up... :fl

Keep her calm and quiet. If the other duckling starts pestering her, separate them. And give the injured one a teddy bear to snuggle with and a little mirror so it will think it has a friend.:hugs

If you’re on your own and aren’t getting a lot of support from your parents, it’s ok. Us parents have a lot going on and like to see the kids be responsible for their pets. Which it looks like you are. I’m glad you are concerned about their welfare. There are a lot of people on here willing to give you as much help as possible.:hugs Right @Miss Lydia @Ravynscroft @shawluvsbirds

Thank you all so much! Usually the other duckling is fine with her, shes the leader so finch just kind of sits next to her, if he starts bugging her I'll definitely separate them, and yeah, plus my parents hate animals , idk where I got the Jean but I absolutely love them
It really not hard to love these guys, I never did have a thing for birds.....until I got ducks! I love them soooooo much! I'll be praying for you and your little one!

Thank you all so much! She is acting totally normal , and she is okay today, she still has the bump, and her chest is still shifted, but when it comes to behavior she acts normal, other than she doesn't follow me around the yard anymore, does she think it was my fault, will I ever get her trust back?

Back
Top Bottom