ChickenJames

Chirping
Apr 9, 2018
So I am incubating chicks now and I there are some ants in the incubator because we accidentally dropped a rotten egg in it. I was going to clean out the ants but one of the eggs started peeping. There is a hole so you can see the beak and it's wet fuzz. Some ants go near the crack but then walk away. Way to get rid of the ants without harming my eggs?

If it was my incubator I'd probably sprinkle cinnamon dust all in the brooder or put a cotton ball soaked with cinnamon essential oil in there. Ants detest the smell and it should drive them off, but I don't think the cinnamon should hurt your chicks at all.

If it was my incubator I'd probably sprinkle cinnamon dust all in the brooder or put a cotton ball soaked with cinnamon essential oil in there. Ants detest the smell and it should drive them off, but I don't think the cinnamon should hurt your chicks at all.
I've never heard of cinnamon dust but I'll be sure to try it if anymore ants get in which I am doubtful about because my incubator is sitting on a chair so I put tape on the legs to trap the ants.

This morning 2 of my babies hatched and I can see another egg poking a hole in it's shell. They are all May 25th eggs. This is also my very first time hatching my own baby chicks. They're asiatic game breeds.(Shamo/asil/malay. idk what they are)

Back
Top Bottom