HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks! i found out that my other duck has it. i also found out it was from splinters in the hay and some bacteria in the pool.

That's why dumping and refilling the pool on a daily basis is vitally important. Get the splinters removed as soon as possible as well.
Yes. I have a 4,000-gallon pool so, I can't really dump it. It has a waterfall so it filters and the water never turns black. My husband removed the splinters. He thought we should wrap a bandage around it. So we did. The bacteria was on the rocks.

Yes. I have a 4,000-gallon pool so, I can't really dump it. It has a waterfall so it filters and the water never turns black. My husband removed the splinters. He thought we should wrap a bandage around it. So we did. The bacteria was on the rocks.
I didn't know you meant 4000 gallons!:eek: It's a good thing your husband removed the splinters at least! Is your duck doing okay?:hugs

I beleive that bumble foot has a surgery that can be performed by a vet or you. If you do want to do it, google has all the little details on it. Hope your ducks get better

Hi! Sorry for no responses for a while. My work is crazy busy. Donald's doing alright; it's almost gone. It's poor little Quakers' I'm worried about. The pic is Quakers' foot.. I'm putting medicine on him every day. my husband peeled off the scab (no way I would do that!) and gooey stuff squirted out everywhere. Also, he got out a thorn (don't know if I mentioned that before this reply) I'm really worried he might die!! Please, somebody,
IMG_0976.JPG
tell me if he needs some surgery.
Any advice is remarkably needed.
Thanks.

Keep on scratching the scab, you want it to ooze out. Give baths in epsom salts twice a day for 20-30 min each. If it doesnt improve by a week i would consider surgery. Hope he gets well soon!

Keep on scratching the scab, you want it to ooze out. Give baths in epsom salts twice a day for 20-30 min each. If it doesnt improve by a week i would consider surgery. Hope he gets well soon!
I have the same problem. I've been using Therison... or something like that. the pic is the thing ive been using/

Back
Top Bottom