Help

Australorps are docile with humans but can be bullies in the flock. I have them with Barred Rocks, which are a similar size & weight. We had a few little issues until everyone was laying. Now they all get along fine. Space [as in plenty of it] is your biggest friend.

Thanks. The enclosure around the coop seems to be big enough - 35' x 40'. I think the coop is big enough too - I added 2 more roosting bars, 2 different lengths. There is more than enough roosting space. They just all have to get in the door in one piece.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and continue to help the two get in

I got the coop from tractor supply. Its large EZ over coop. I dont know how to post pictures. I'll try to figure it out but if it's easy for you to "Google it", that might be faster.
This coop?:
https://overezchickencoop.com/product/large-over-ez-chicken-coop/
74” L x 60” W x 72 1/2” H
So basically 6' long x 4' wide (not including nest), tight space for 12-13 birds.

At the beginning of 2018, only 4 made through the winter - a male & 3 females. During the year they produced a total of 8 (there were actually 12 but hawks got 4) - 3 males & 5 females. 5 of the 8, 5 are 8-9 months old and 3 are 5 months old.
I count 12 birds....the oldest 4, who produced 8 more birds, 3 of which are males?

What is the age and gender of the 2 not making it into the coop?

If you really have a total of 4 males, I'd get rid of 3 of them, that would make the coop space better.

I just bought a spray that is supposed to taste so bad that once it's sprayed on the two scared ones,, the this issue should stop.
Mmmmm...maybe.
You are seeing the 'pecking order'...an anti-pick spray will not likely eliminate that.

Back
Top Bottom