Fluffyhens04

In the Brooder
Sep 14, 2020
I have a two year old buff Orpington named Sunny who had recently received a bad neck injury from my rooster. That issue has since gone away but now she’s acting lethargic and won’t eat or drink.... We have given her some meds but they don’t seem to be working and she seems to be getting weaker.

@casportpony @Eggcessive @sourland
I'm sorry, I'm not going to be much help here but I'll tag some others who always use good common sense.
In the meantime can you answer these questions:
1. What meds are you giving her and how are you administering them?
2. Is she able to move her head at all? Is her neck limp? can she stand?
3. Is she pooping?
Best wishes.

@casportpony @Eggcessive @sourland
I'm sorry, I'm not going to be much help here but I'll tag some others who always use good common sense.
In the meantime can you answer these questions:
1. What meds are you giving her and how are you administering them?
2. Is she able to move her head at all? Is her neck limp? can she stand?
3. Is she pooping?
Best wishes.
We are giving her some vitamin e which we put on our finger and put in her mouth because she won’t open it. We have also given her some probiotics in her water and we had gotten her to drink but only a little bit.
She can move her head but she doesn’t that much. She can stand but she prefers to lay down.
She is pooping but not as often as a normal hen.

You can try to mix a very wet mash of chicken feed, scrambled egg, and water, and hold her a couple of times a day and feed her out of a small bowl. Usually whith wry neck, a source of thiamine or b complex, and 400 IU of vitamin E are used for a couple of weeks to treat symptoms of wry neck. She could have internal injuries that have made her worse. Here is a good video of feeding a chicken with wry neck:

Back
Top Bottom