Help!

Denise0708

Chirping
Apr 2, 2020
We have been gone all day and just got home and my chicken is not sitting on them. One already hatched so she is with the baby. I can hear the chick in side egg 3 and also there is another one pip. Is number 3 going to be able to get out.
6172320E-7FFD-483A-9A64-4B836F013543.jpeg

Keep them warm for now, but keep an eye out for momma coming back. Day old chicks can't last long before they crash out from exhaustion, so they may not be gone long, or you may be able to get her back on the nest to finish up.

Sounds like she's pretty clueless on how this is supposed to go though. Unless the one chick hatched a day or two ago, she should still be on the nest with it.

Keep their food and water close to the nest so they don't go far and see if you can get her back with them. Hopefully, it was just a quick break and the chirping pips will get her back into hatching mode.

Hopefully, she's just a ditz and will realise her mistake. First time moms can make all the mistakes. I mean, look at us humans. Hormones can push you in the right direction, but they don't have easy access to a manual and may not have even had a broody to learn from if they were reared chicks.

My Silkie was such a stress pot with her first hatch. Went through a lot of trial and error and did much better the second time.

Keep them warm for now, but keep an eye out for momma coming back. Day old chicks can't last long before they crash out from exhaustion, so they may not be gone long, or you may be able to get her back on the nest to finish up.

Sounds like she's pretty clueless on how this is supposed to go though. Unless the one chick hatched a day or two ago, she should still be on the nest with it.

Keep their food and water close to the nest so they don't go far and see if you can get her back with them. Hopefully, it was just a quick break and the chirping pips will get her back into hatching mode.
Thank you I got her back on and my husband made her a better ramp for the baby. 🤦‍♀️ I was stressing but hopefully tomorrow morning there will be two more! Also we found first baby yesterday this is the picture so from her hair I believe she had to hatch after 12:00 Friday. I check on her around that time Friday and found the first pip.
B9BA305A-DD03-44BA-BEE4-558B954DEF51.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom