Apocachicks

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2022
So just a week ago a neighbor complained to the town about our rooster. We promptly found him a new home but to my surprise, today, I noticed that at least one of my pullets looks like a roo! But I am not familiar with this breed so I am not sure (or maybe I am in denial after later week’s trauma)… I think it’s an olive egger?

58F8999D-5271-4B89-9B27-5B973EE029BE.jpeg

5348B7FF-8324-4DC6-8347-6F568CF9F601.jpeg

Needless to say I really don’t want a repeat of what happened with our beloved Rooster. Please help!

So just a week ago a neighbor complained to the town about our rooster. We promptly found him a new home but to my surprise, today, I noticed that at least one of my pullets looks like a roo! But I am not familiar with this breed so I am not sure (or maybe I am in denial after later week’s trauma)… I think it’s an olive egger?

View attachment 3176143

View attachment 3176144
Needless to say I really don’t want a repeat of what happened with our beloved Rooster. Please help!
Cockerel, sorry

Cockerel. Did you buy pullets or straight run?
Pullets always. A friend recommended this local place… another friend bough 14 pullets, 1 died shortly later, and she just discovered that 2 are cockerels. I bought 16, gave 3 away, and at least 1 of the remaining is a cockerel. I know it’s not always 100% accurate but I haven’t had this happen to me yet.

Before our rooster left us, one of our hens went broody so we have 3 little chickies that I am PRAYING are all going to be hens but I already have my doubts. They’re only about 2-2.5 weeks old. 🤪

Back
Top Bottom