HELP

ShineyDiamond13

Chirping
Oct 5, 2022
OK y’all. This is like my 10th hatch in my incubator, but my last egg has been pipped for almost 19 hours and I haven’t heard a chirp or seen movement or the shell on top of the PIP move. This is odd to me this have actually never happened to me. I hope this chick is okay!!! I’ve read a lot only hear that it could just be resting. I really hope so. I’m so worried.

OK y’all. This is like my 10th hatch in my incubator, but my last egg has been pipped for almost 19 hours and I haven’t heard a chirp or seen movement or the shell on top of the PIP move. This is odd to me this have actually never happened to me. I hope this chick is okay!!! I’ve read a lot only hear that it could just be resting. I really hope so. I’m so worried.
General rule of thumb is up to 24 hours from PIP to zip. Sounds like you may need to make the hole a little bit bigger so you can see the beak. Please read through this article before making any attempts.🙂

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/

UPDATE: I just took a look at the egg again and it’s rockin!!! we have movement y’all!! I’m sure this baby’s gonna hatch by dinner time!! 💚💚

Back
Top Bottom