***Help***

Trust me I have a very stubborn hen. She would raise snake eggs if it meant getting to sit I eggs 🤣 And also I don't know if it will make it or not but fingers crossed.

If it were day 18-20, I'd say there was a slight chance the baby could make it depending on how badly cracked it was. But a badly cracked egg on day 13 is just done. I'm sorry. There's nothing to be helped here. Would recommend removing it so the others don't get sick and die from overload of bad bacteria, and the hen doesn't get it all over her.

Try to enjoy and focus on the rest of your eggs.

I had this happen last year, day 17 or 18 the egg got a minor crack and the chick was still moving so put wax over the crack and put it back under the hen. As the hen moved and adjusted the eggs it caused more cracks to develop but it pipped so I was hoping it would hang on. Then it started hatching out too fast cause the shell was already so broken that it didn't have enough time to fully absorb its yolk. It was very lethargic compared to the other chicks so the hen pushed it away and before I could get to it another hen grabbed it and ate it. This early I don't think your egg will make it.

Back
Top Bottom