HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m incubating chicken eggs and the incubator got unplugged for atleast 10 hours probably 12 it’s day 15, it also happened on day 8 is there any chance of my eggs hatching
I would candle them and check for movement. How cold did the incubator get? I would say there’s a small chance of hatching but miracles do happen so I would check for movement and go from there and if your not sure leave them in for a couple of days and they’ll show definite signs of being dead

I would candle them and check for movement. How cold did the incubator get? I would say there’s a small chance of hatching but miracles do happen so I would check for movement and go from there and if your not sure leave them in for a couple of days and they’ll show definite signs of being dead
It was about 70f when I found it In the morning but thank you a lot for the advice

I’m incubating chicken eggs and the incubator got unplugged for atleast 10 hours probably 12 it’s day 15, it also happened on day 8 is there any chance of my eggs hatching
Maybe. Like @Patiocoturnix said, candle them to check for movement. But even if there is no movement, give them a few more days and check again. Fingers crossed some survive.

I'd say it's about a 50/50 percent chance they'll hatch. But fertile eggs are surprisingly resilient, so keep that in mind. The best thing you can do right now is plug in the incubator. Candle the eggs every week or so to see if they're growing. It'll be clear by hatch day if they're alive or not

Good luck with your hatching!

Long story short I gave 12 duck eggs to a lady for her goose to sit on
On day 19 she text me the goose had left the eggs the day before
She only found 4 eggs all out of the nest
She brought them to me and I could tell 1 was not a good egg
Had stopped early on
The other 3 were not moving much but I put them in my bstor anyway and didn’t really have high hopes
To my surprise all 3 hatched
One unfortunately had some kind of infection and passed at 24 hours old but the other 2 are now 3 months old and doing amazing
I ended up keeping them as they are both girls
My second experience with hatching
A lady I sold 6 eggs to
We got a freak winter storm In spring and temps were in freezing
We lost power for days
The bator was without power for over 13 hours in a cold house when the lady took it to her work with a generator
All 6 babies hatched and all had zero health issues
That was 1.5 years ago
My fingers are crossed for you
Continue to incubate and just candle in a few days
As others have said they may hatch 1-2 days later

Back
Top Bottom