Help

Jaxx_

Chirping
May 25, 2024
Hello, I’m new here and just wanted to get some insight on what I should do..I’m incubating some ducks and chickens in the same incubator and started them all at the same time. Today is Day 7, but now that chickens take 21 days and ducks 28 days I’m stuck in a dilema..because by day 18 lockdown has to begin for the chicks but not my ducks… so now idk what to do.. and I don’t want shrink wrapping to happen on my duck eggs.. any advice?

up the humidity for chicken hatching, the ducks should be fine with the higher humidity.

take all eggs out of an auto turner if you have one and lay them flat, turn the ducks by hand 3x a day until you see external pips on the chicken eggs, after that you'll have to leave the ducks without turning them until the chickens are done hatching. Take them out as they hatch and their shell so they don't goop up the whole incubator. Have your brooder ready with the lamp on, on day 20 for the chickens incase you have an early one.

If there are chicken eggs left on day 22 that haven't hatched take them out and candle them to look for movement. Usually anyone who hasn't hatched with the main group doesn't make it. Start turning the duck eggs again as soon as you can, cause they should still be turned for another 4 days after day 21.

I appreciate your response, thank you 😊 will this affect the chicks during “lockdown” of opening and closing the incubator for hand turning the duck eggs?

Back
Top Bottom