Help!

ducklover101202

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Last night I was supposed to turn the eggs but I think i forgot and I fell asleep and I woke up at 12 something so i turned the eggs. After I turned them I realized I think i did turn turn them and now I am so frustrated because i can't remember. I think I turned them though and just don't remember because at night the number doesn't face up and now it is and i wasn't thinking of that. ugh! If they were turned 4 times will that hurt them!? And if I turn them tomorrow morning and continue turning 3 times a day will they be ok? Please answer! I am so frustrated right now!
he.gif

Last edited:
Nothing to do with your question just wondering if you could help me,I can't figure out how to start a thread/post I have a question of my own?as for your question I wouldn't worry hens probably don't count the nuber of times they turn their eggs in a day or make sure to leave them the same way every time they turn them!

Last edited:
all you have to do is go to the top you want. You can go to search at the top and click it. Search is where it says your profile on top there. Go to what you want in keyword and search. When you are at the right top all you have to do is click post new topic at the top or bottom of the page. Any one else?

It won't hurt at all. The more the better, like 5 time a day and a minimum of 3 turns. Good Luck!

Ducklover--They'll be fine, I've done that before too and still had good hatches. I've read posts where the eggs weren't turned at all for a few days because of family emergencies and they were ok too. It's not ideal, but forgetting now and again won't ruin your hatch.

Buckshot--Go to the forum page and click on the topic you want to post in. Once you're there look in the top right hand corner and you'll see the post a new topic button.

Thanks for your answer! So it's ok if you turn them one day more times than another day? I usually turn them 3 times a day and if I did turn the eggs already then that was 4 times.

Thanks for your answer! So it's ok if you turn them one day more times than another day? I usually turn them 3 times a day and if I did turn the eggs already then that was 4 times.

Quote:
I think it'd be fine to continue with the 3X a day. A mama hen doesn't count the times the eggs are turned throughout the day and if she does, and I grab them to candle them, then it is now more. I think it is important to turn them 3X a day...not less, but 4 would be ok.

Disclaimer...I don't use an incubator since I have several broody hens. My comments are based on watching them.

Thank you I've got it now,hopefully the question on my post gets me some help as quick as my question on someone elses post.lol.thanks again
Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
When you are in the forum - the top right under the blue bar things says Post New Topic. That is how you do it!

Back
Top Bottom