I made a stupid stupid mistake!!

Chey1214

Songster
May 4, 2023
My turner wasn’t turning I don’t think. I forgot to reset to 21 days and it stayed on 00 days! Ugh!! Ugh ugh ugh!!

So stupid of me:( I only have done this 6 times this year how could I forget??

They seem to be developing they are on day 17. It’s hard to see action because they are maran eggs, some seem to be moving.

What do you think will happen?

Thanks

My turner wasn’t turning I don’t think. I forgot to reset to 21 days and it stayed on 00 days! Ugh!! Ugh ugh ugh!!

They seem to be developing they are on day 17. It’s hard to see action because they are maran eggs, some seem to be moving.

Thanks

I think there is a good chance that at least some will hatch. From what I have read, turning can improve the hatch rate, but typically some chicks will hatch even without turning. I have never tried it myself to see, but that is what I have read.

Please do update when they hatch (or fail to hatch), so we can all learn from this. (How many hatch out of how many total eggs.)

I think there is a good chance that at least some will hatch. From what I have read, turning can improve the hatch rate, but typically some chicks will hatch even without turning. I have never tried it myself to see, but that is what I have read.

Please do update when they hatch (or fail to hatch), so we can all learn from this. (How many hatch out of how many total eggs.)
On day 7 I had two eggs with no growth and removed them on day 7. That leaves me with 5 eggs, one I saw movement in the egg, the rest are pretty black and the sac looks appropriate for day 17. My love for chickens is intense so this really has me so upset to be so careless, since these were the final pieces to my new flock.

It will be a long 4-5 days…

I will say a prayer tonight for sure. I’ll update!

Thanks
They should be fine I have hatched eggs without turning a couple times now and they hatched fine. I really hope they hatch for you

No pipping :( day 20. I’ll let it go till Sunday…

Attachments

• 15241E91-A63E-4B2C-9DF5-F76F36B50104.jpeg
    15241E91-A63E-4B2C-9DF5-F76F36B50104.jpeg
    309.3 KB · Views: 15
3! 4th egg hatched and can’t lift his head…. I’ll be surprised if he makes it. His head is a little funny…My fifth egg died fully developed. I’ll crack it open tomorrow just to make sure. I bet all three of these are roosters 🤣

I’m watching them right now to make sure none need cup therapy ;)

Attachments

• 532D0550-ECF7-4821-B4FE-91719399CCA1.jpeg
    532D0550-ECF7-4821-B4FE-91719399CCA1.jpeg
    380.4 KB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom