I made a stupid stupid mistake!!

57% hatch rate
Not so great but hey, we all goof up and at least you have 3 beautiful chicks!

I recall reading somewhere some gal had posted some strange bathtub-looking incubator that had several layers of eggs all on top of each other and stating she never turns her eggs and has near 100% hatch rates. I have a hard time believing that.

Not so great but hey, we all goof up and at least you have 3 beautiful chicks!

I recall reading somewhere some gal had posted some strange bathtub-looking incubator that had several layers of eggs all on top of each other and stating she never turns her eggs and has near 100% hatch rates. I have a hard time believing that.
Me too but it could be possible. I might have 4 chicks, the one I thought would die seems to be perking up!

The two other eggs died at day 7 ish. I was going to keep a maran rooster but I hear they are horrible!

Attachments

• B1A5552D-1849-4B1B-8387-63803CD9A7BB.jpeg
    B1A5552D-1849-4B1B-8387-63803CD9A7BB.jpeg
    310.5 KB · Views: 18
Me too but it could be possible. I might have 4 chicks, the one I thought would die seems to be perking up!

The two other eggs died at day 7 ish. I was going to keep a maran rooster but I hear they are horrible!
That one might be the product of having been a bit stuck so had to work extra hard to get out maybe. It should make it as I've had a couple that did not look as great as the others but they caught up quickly!

My maran roo was fantastic. The only reason I got rid of him was because I couldn't keep him.

one needs cup therapy she is laying on the whole leg not her feet so I’ll do this for a couple days for her to build up strength!
How do you get them to stay in there? I tried it once on my first splayed leg chick and it fought constantly to get out. Maybe I should have given it a different heat source than putting it in the brooder with the rest. I resorted to using a thin strip of vet wrap to bind the legs. Had it happen again just a couple of weeks ago and just went with the vet wrap again.

How do you get them to stay in there? I tried it once on my first splayed leg chick and it fought constantly to get out. Maybe I should have given it a different heat source than putting it in the brooder with the rest. I resorted to using a thin strip of vet wrap to bind the legs. Had it happen again just a couple of weeks ago and just went with the vet wrap again.
Isn’t them trying to get out what you want because then their strengthening their leg muscles.

But I agree I also always go with vetwrap

Isn’t them trying to get out what you want because then their strengthening their leg muscles.

But I agree I also always go with vetwrap
I bought these on Amazon, I hatched so many chicks since may I just bought them for my animal first aid kit. I’ll give it a try.

I’ll have to go for a taller mug this one is to short. I suck at wrapping legs, I can never do it right, I have had success with taping the feet if they are curled though!!

Attachments

• 691C801A-FC61-4A5C-B1FF-08EE56ECEF2C.png
    691C801A-FC61-4A5C-B1FF-08EE56ECEF2C.png
    780.6 KB · Views: 12
Th
My maran roo was fantastic. The only reason I got rid of him was because I couldn't keep him.
That’s promising! I wanted to keep a bbs Ameraucana and maran so I don’t have to keep mailing stuff in. I honestly believe if you handle a rooster young and love on them, they will be gentle

Back
Top Bottom