Help!!!!

Quote:
x2
Littlecreekfarm. You can also give the tylan 50 injectable orally, same dosage mentioned above, once a day x 5 days. No more than 5 days. Pull her wattles down and her mouth will open, squirt it in her mouth and release the wattles so she can swallow it on her own.

ok thanks. she is doing better now. none of the other birds show these signs. even if she doesn't have an infection it won't hurt her to treat for it anyway right? Right now she is in the nesting box, has been laying great lately. her voice is better, but she sneezed or coughed or whatever a few times this morning.

I have to start giving my hen tyan 50 injections from extreme wheezing too. Have tried other things for a week and a half but it has not cleared up completely going to try Tylan 50 now. Question: The dosage I have seen suggested is 1/2 cc Would that be the same thing as 1/2 ML? The syringes the feed store sold me are marked in ML not CCs.

I have to start giving my hen tyan 50 injections from extreme wheezing too. Have tried other things for a week and a half but it has not cleared up completely going to try Tylan 50 now. Question: The dosage I have seen suggested is 1/2 cc Would that be the same thing as 1/2 ML? The syringes the feed store sold me are marked in ML not CCs.
CC and ML are the same thing.

ok so this is the third day that i know Nugget's been sneezing and stuff. Well today, her voice is normal but she is still doing the thing that they do when they drink water??? like a little sneeze almost? someone told me it was to get anything in their throat out. Could she just have something clogged in her throat? and since her voice is better maybe that means she has coughed it up a little??? please anyhelp is greaty appreciated!!!!!

My guineas and chickens are all drinking filtered water w/ vinegar ... just shy of 1 tablespoon per two liter bottle gives me about a 5.5 pH. It helps to protect them from numerous ailments, most esp. botulism, but also cuts mucous, which should improve her condition almost immediately (and w/o the potential for any risk to the health of your birds, whatsoever ~'-)

No disrespect to the suggestions of others, but there are numerous potential risks involved w/ the use of antibiotics, including the potential to render them later ineffective when they are a previously treated bird's last hope ... and, that's about the only time I'd use 'em.

The following is an excerpt from Solutions Used for Poultry, as published by the Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Experiment Station, Mississippi State University Extention Service:

ASTRINGENT SOLUTION
This solution can be used to treat young birds that show non-typical disease symptoms of poor growth. The solution can also be given to birds suffering from respiratory diseases that produce a large amount of mucus exudate. This solution will help "cut through" the mucus and allow it to be expelled easier.
Two quarts of apple cider vinegar diluted into 100 gallons of water
(4 teaspoons/gallon)
The tannin in the apple cider vinegar aide in removing any mucus or coating from the mouth, throat, or intestinal tract. Nutrients and drugs are more readily absorbed.

Back
Top Bottom