Help!

MBF2013

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 30, 2013
Hi all. We are a small farm located in Georgia. I have a problem with our goose, Herman. He is an African Gray and is about 18 months old. We noticed about 2 weeks ago that his left side of his face was swollen, and his nasal cavity is inflammed on the left side as well. So bad that its coming out through his nose. We immediately researched and found we could give him duramycin in his drinking water. We have been administering for the full two weeks and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Can someone reccomend something to help him? It seems like it is a severe sinus infection.... But, you tell me.
Thanks so much,
Magnolia Bell Farms

Hi! Welcome to BYC from another Georgian.
smile.png
Hopefully.... someone with Geese experience will respond soon. Is Herman confined? I would add Apple Cider Vinegar with the "Mother" in it to his water. (1 TBL to a Gal.) Can he get his whole head in the container?

Hi there! I'd definitely post in the emergency/injury section that redsoxs posted. People on that section of the forum are always so helpful. Hope your goose gets better!

Welcome to BYC!
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

Can someone help me move this post. It's been a few days and he is still the same. I need help desperately. Yes, he can get his whole head in the water. And, he is confined. I'm going crazy trying to figure out what more to do for him. Any help would be great. Thanks for all the warm welcomes. :)

Well darn! I had so hoped Herman would be be better by now. I just asked the same question a few minutes ago, so I do not know how to move it. I just copied and pasted my post to the other thread....

Back
Top Bottom