HELP!

Darkfeather

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 23, 2011
I have a standard Cochin rooster who is sneezing violently and has foam coming out of his mouth!

What can I do other than take him to the vet tomorrow? I'm supposed to be leaving town in a few days and this is obviously very worrying!

Check his his neck for an obstruction in his esophagus. A blockage could be putting pressure on his trachea. Here is a picture:

-Kathy

Sounds like Resporitory Illness.

This is a very violent disease.It's best to put him alone and give him VetR X.Be sure he is only eating Scrambled eggs,and no bread or regular chicken feed.Go to the vet and see what else you could do for him.After 1 small drop of Vet RX give him Probiotics.
Do you have Local feed stores?

Sounds like Resporitory Illness.

This is a very violent disease.It's best to put him alone and give him VetR X.Be sure he is only eating Scrambled eggs,and no bread or regular chicken feed.Go to the vet and see what else you could do for him.After 1 small drop of Vet RX give him Probiotics.
Do you have Local feed stores?

Would he still be eating if he has a blockage?
Probably not, but catch him and check anyway, it's easy to rule out, right? While you have him caught, do thorough exam... look in mouth, eye, ears, check for smells, too. Also check for mites and lice.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom