Help!!

albird101

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 2, 2013
I woke up this morning to go to the garage to find out the brooder lamp went off, 1 of my packing peanuts passed and was freezing cold and a lot of the easter eggers are on wobbly feet and can't stand up right, I brought them inside and turned on a little heater from the outside and got a blow dryer and started blowing for 5 minutes, a lot of them regain there strength and are running normally now eating and drinking fine, and there wobblyness went away the others are huddle to the side getting heat from outside heater, what do i do?

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

You could also use a hot water bottle or an old sock filled with rice (popped in the microwave to warm it up). Hopefully you e already worked out the heat lamp issue though. Did the bulb just blow? If so, you can replace it with another bulb if whatever wattage until you get the bulb you need.
I always keep extra bulbs around in case one goes out. I also have 2 extra lamps in case the one I'm using dies (which has happened before).
Good luck!

You can fill a gallon jug up with just hot tap water and set it in their box/brooder in the house. Another post had it as an idea I was so grateful because couple days ago I woke up to no lights because of a traffic accident. I just got my milk jug washed it and filled with hot hot water and set it in their box they all huddled around it

Gosh, that would have given you a fright! Great thinking to use a blow dryer, I've used a hot water bottle to heat up chilled chicks before, worked well :)

I didn't have a bulb go out, but kept a heater blowing from about 8ft away to keep them warm....doesn't take a big one....

Back
Top Bottom