Cappy, did you get in on the flooding going on?
Florida is having sink holes.. No wonder, they push all the vegetation aside and build whole villages on top of unstable ground, ie swamp..

I braved the swarms of skeeters and cut and glued in the last two pieces of corner reinforcement blocks. tomorrow I will paint the inside of the frame..

going to be in the 80's here for the next week. it sure beats the minus 20's.

......jiminwisc....

Not much to report here I have been fighting a sinus thing that has really done a number on my head..... even went to the doctor..... well kind of it was a walk in clinic, still got a half arse answere anyway..... not much building got accomplished we did get a roost set and almost ready for the final wall to be painted... maybe tomorrow? ??
20180523_173805.jpg
20180523_173833.jpg
oh but we did install some hardware cloth around the bottom so that the siding can go up soon maybe this weekend? ? I was hoping to get it ready for some new birds I have coming Monday but it doesn't look too promising

Cappy, did you get in on the flooding going on?
Florida is having sink holes.. No wonder, they push all the vegetation aside and build whole villages on top of unstable ground, ie swamp..

I braved the swarms of skeeters and cut and glued in the last two pieces of corner reinforcement blocks. tomorrow I will paint the inside of the frame..

going to be in the 80's here for the next week. it sure beats the minus 20's.

......jiminwisc....
The river has been flooding, but luckily we are up on the plateau so no issues with our buildings or coops.

Not much to report here I have been fighting a sinus thing that has really done a number on my head..... even went to the doctor..... well kind of it was a walk in clinic, still got a half arse answere anyway..... not much building got accomplished we did get a roost set and almost ready for the final wall to be painted... maybe tomorrow? ?? View attachment 1402572 View attachment 1402574 oh but we did install some hardware cloth around the bottom so that the siding can go up soon maybe this weekend? ? I was hoping to get it ready for some new birds I have coming Monday but it doesn't look too promising
Sorry about the sinus issues, i have been fighting those for years. Antibiotics do not work for it. I find the mucus fighting medications help the most.
Good luck on getting your coop ready!

I am a little excited about this weekend! ! Just found out I don't have to work Saturday and we have Monday off, so my big scheme is to get the turkey chalet ready for the new turkeys to arrive on monday! ..... OK maybe not completely realistic but worth a shot. My lovely dh brought home the siding today, so I should have everything needed to make it happen! Now if I just have the umph..... lol

I am a little excited about this weekend! ! Just found out I don't have to work Saturday and we have Monday off, so my big scheme is to get the turkey chalet ready for the new turkeys to arrive on monday! ..... OK maybe not completely realistic but worth a shot. My lovely dh brought home the siding today, so I should have everything needed to make it happen! Now if I just have the umph..... lol
How old are the turkeys you are getting? Mine are too big for the brooder, really trying to get the tractor ready for them. Tonight i got the back done, one end and most of the front! I need to build a door and adjust the other door since i put the plywood in the front. I will try to get pics tomorrow. I have to go to Danville, i need some roofing tin etc. So i will be up early.
The duplex brooder has the back and the 2 ends done, i need to make 2 doors and a roof, plus the divider. One good day and i should have both done.

Was ecstatic to get rid of two 'problem' hens on Wed,
went to the processor with a friends extra cockerels and some rabbits.
Things are so much calmer in the coop!
No more empty nests and harassed layers due to the Neurotic Nest Messer and no more egg mess in nest due to the Holey Egg Layer(bad shell gland).
Back to deep bedding staying in nests and not having to be cleaned.

Last leg of processor trip my vans brakes were acting up, smelled hot, were semi-stuck, funky pedal.....and we were just talking about various things with van on the way there, smh, said I usually only fix stuff when absolutely necessary....bam, instant 'karma'.
So Thurs was new brakes all around, luckily AC only needed a charge, resealed 2 alum rims, replaced leaking power steering cooler, and an oil change. BIG hit to wallet, ouch.
Grateful our tiny town(pop 976) has a reputable auto shop, even gave me rides both ways.

5 day heat wave ahead, 85-90, but nights cool thank goodness, and of course all the mowing is overdue/grown.

I miss one day of posting and byc locks me out. I had to sign in in order to post here.
I suppose I will have to sign in on Wisc Cheeseheads,too(where am I where are you)

the AC frame is all done and painted. Wife abducted me today , again , so I didn't get
it mounted around the window.. tomorrow's another day.

I saw that Stromberg's has 4 week old pullets for sale. just $30.oo/each..
I never realized all the chicks I raised were so valuable..

Art, surly chicken soup tastes extra good..

you should know by now to never mention how well your car is running. especially within ear shot of the vehicle..

........jiminwisc.......

How old are the turkeys you are getting? Mine are too big for the brooder, really trying to get the tractor ready for them. Tonight i got the back done, one end and most of the front! I need to build a door and adjust the other door since i put the plywood in the front. I will try to get pics tomorrow. I have to go to Danville, i need some roofing tin etc. So i will be up early.
The duplex brooder has the back and the 2 ends done, i need to make 2 doors and a roof, plus the divider. One good day and i should have both done.
I am getting a pair that the lady said were royal palms and 2 slate hens..... I think her palms look like sweet grass from the pics but I could be wrong.... the hens are a year old and the psir may be 2 years??? It's a trade deal chickens for turkeys, she has chicken egg customers but something got some of her hens and she decided not to go forward with the turkeys..... I have hatched around 20 this year(not all for me) so a few more will be exciting..... and they are colors I don't have!

Back
Top Bottom