I hope the surgery goes well.
today we took Frankie to the vet. she has been chewing and licking at the base of her tail for awhile.
I figure it was allergies.
well, the vet couldn't give a firm diagnosis either.. probably allergies or maybe worms. but worms really didn't seem to be the problem..
got some pills to get rid of any itching . also got 6 worm pills to give to her..
I put the pills in a tiny peanut butter sandwich.. she ate the bread ans sucked the peanut butter off of the pills and spit them onto the floor.
then I buried a pill inside a piece of hot dog. she found that one too and spit it out..
so I crushed 3 pills and imbedded the powder into the peanut butter.. she managed to spit out most of the powder with some of the bread..
I figure I got 4 of 6 pills into her.
......jiminwisc.......

You are so right.. but she never refused taking pills like this before..
she is such a glutton for treats I figured she would just chomp everything down..
maybe I should have starved her for a day or so before I tried the treats.. LOL
she is 115 pounds, I am a bit hesitant about sticking my hand that far into her mouth.. not that she would bite me, but accidentally rip my hand of just by struggling.. LOL

I am a bit hesitant about sticking my hand that far into her mouth.. not that she would bite me, but accidentally rip my hand of just by struggling.. LOL
Well, my dogs have all been pretty submissive to me....but I am also calm confident and insistent....and the dog I have now, the shelter worker told me, "You can do anything to that dog". He was on several pills and eye and ear drops when I got him at 6mo old.

Surgery went well, except the anesthesiologist gave me a fat lip somehow pressing my lip against my teeth. I have been putting ice on it and the swelling is down a bit.
20181017_154240.jpg

I hope the surgery goes well.
today we took Frankie to the vet. she has been chewing and licking at the base of her tail for awhile.
I figure it was allergies.
well, the vet couldn't give a firm diagnosis either.. probably allergies or maybe worms. but worms really didn't seem to be the problem..
got some pills to get rid of any itching . also got 6 worm pills to give to her..
I put the pills in a tiny peanut butter sandwich.. she ate the bread ans sucked the peanut butter off of the pills and spit them onto the floor.
then I buried a pill inside a piece of hot dog. she found that one too and spit it out..
so I crushed 3 pills and imbedded the powder into the peanut butter.. she managed to spit out most of the powder with some of the bread..
I figure I got 4 of 6 pills into her.
......jiminwisc.......

Some pills in the dog is better than none <G>.
My good dog, OBeau was a champion pill avoider. He could detect and spit out any pill from any treat. Smashed pills mixed with 1 T canned food finally did the trick. A good thing because this Summer he was very ill and needed medication 3 times a day. It didn't prolong his life but did keep him more comfortable.
The other dog has meds daily; peanut butter works for her. She is the easiest dog to pill I've ever lived with.

As for possible allergies: Some time back had a retriever with terribly itchy skin - tried all the Vet solutions, nothing worked. Switched to grain free food. Within days the itchiness was gone, a couple weeks cleared up his life-long digestive issues, within 3 weeks he felt and looked like a new dog. good luck finding a simple solution.

Nice surprise when going out to mow east field, lots of very dry oak leaves on the ground.
Was really surprised they were so dry with all the rain we've had.
Didn't get whole field mowed, but got a couple nice loads of leaves for the chicken run to mix with the shavings cleaned out a few weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom