cappy, too bad about your chicken.
one thing about chickens, if a hawk or fox doesn't get them, they will find another way to die that you did not consider.
Annie is making chocolate chip cookies.
she had to use up the last eggs, so now she has an excuse to go to Pick & Save..
I am staying home.
I went for a ride on Ollie this morning. got some fresh air. back bladed the driveway a little. the exercise took some of the stiffness out of my back, which in turn gets rid of my head ache.
.......jiminwisc......

sounds to me like that banty is looking for a fight..
Boots, how are you doing up there?
I have not been anywhere away from home since my last doctor appointment..
Now that it is getting warmer here, I won't mind. I soon will be spending a lot of time out in the wood working shop..

My rough pine lumber is about used up. I do have lots of oak, though. and a small pile of swamp hickory. (bitternut) ..
I have a large pine tree that is dead. I have to locate someone to mill it for me before I knock it over..
I had three different guys who used to saw for me. but one died, the other is well into his 80's and I haven't heard from the other guy for about 20 years..

.......jiminwisc.......

My 'drain pit cover'(long story) in the run failed.
Good thing I checked and cleaned it out this morning, pit was chock full and probably would have backed up with the big rain we're supposed to get this weekend.
I half@ssed fixed it, so it still might back up.

I don't understand what that is, I request the (long story) please.

I don't understand what that is, I request the (long story) please.
Sigh. :rolleyes:
The way my land slopes, a lot of water flows right thru the chicken run if it rains hard and fast.
There's an open swale to carry the water about 30-40' from the driveway apron(to keep garage from flooding) to the edge of the run.
I buried about 15' drainage pipe in the run so the area under the coop doesn't flood(only dry place for them to be). It works pretty good until they scratch dirt into the exit end of it and plug it up. I tried to cover it but was a lousy design, especially after I increased the bedding depth.

Back
Top Bottom