Mine is old, too. It is a 1955 Oliver 55.
I have pictures somewhere, but my camera is out of commission. It got wet. I can't make out what kind of tractor yours is from the picture. I'm guessing a Ford..
I use my tractor several time per week.
.......jiminwaUSAu......
Estimated 1939 ford 9n. My partner has had it since 1970 or so......

Yeah, my tractor is a baby fake tractor........but it's a little beast.
Looks like it gets the job done. That's all that matters. Newest and latest is not always the best. I wish I had one like that. We have a riding mower and the tractor but sometimes....I wish the mower was just a little more.

I am getting nothing done outside. too hot.
the days are noticeably getting shorter. I especially notice the morning sun is low in the sky.
Cappy, I hope you got the roof on right side up this time..
.......jiminwaUSAu......
Here is is...
20200811_131023.jpg

Cappy, nice roof.
funny, ent: when I was in the army I was assigned to the Ent air force base in Colorado Springs, Colo.. I was in Cryptograph/communications.. Norad.
then I got sent to Germany. Spent two years in the Black Forest at a missle base on a mountain side.
today I was going to do some minor plowing with Ollie. hit the starter and the Bendix would not kick in. tomorrow the starter will come off. I am hoping it is just some dried grease on the shaft.. but I really don't think so.
.......jiminwaUSAu......
ETA: this morning I took the starter off, cleaned and oiled it, put it back on. Still does not engage.
sitting here thinking of what my next step should be.
.......jiminwaUSAu.......

Last edited:
Storm took out my power for 14 hrs. Used to be longer before the hospital moved to a mile away. I'm on the same feeder so it's fixed ASAP. I had a couple poults in the incubator. The hen got off the nest with the rest. These 2 were left wet and I stuck them in the incubator 6hrs before the power went out. After a few hours of no power I tried to give them to a different turkey who's eggs rotted. She thought they were something to kill. So I gave them to the original hen. She was happy to get them.

Spruce Tree went down in the poultry yard. I am blessed because it went down in the only spot where it wouldn't hit something.
30 ft of the Top of a black walnut landed in my neighbor's yard. About 50 ft still standing. I have been cutting the top up since the tree is on my side.
Place looks like a bomb went off with all the branches all over the yard. Little at a time and I will get'er done
Truly blessed since nothing fell on any structures and only small stuff on the e fence.

Last edited:
Yes, generally i use outdoor screws like you would for a deck and galvanized spiral nails when i want to use nails. Also when you drive in screws with a drill, use little bursts of speed rather than top speed all the way. It seems to produce less chattering and stipping of screws. Less frustrating , as well.
invest in a star bit and screws, they are much harder to strip. even 2.5 or 3 inch screws with a star hole will go in nicely

Back
Top Bottom