Wow!!
I only ever grew german white, got my starter cloves from my brother, who grows like 500 head....or did before he just moved.
I have grown others that didn't do well here. Some years I get good softneck. They keep longer.
I try different varieties every couple years. And keep replanting whatever does best. So... when I harvest I separate the best for replanting and sometimes I don't remember to mark the box and have only a guess as to what I am replanting . Don't care enough to keep good records.
I know music didn't do well

I suppose one should buy seed stock ?
Or can I just plant some from the grocery store ?
can I plant in containers ?
Does it have to freeze before it grows in the spring ? Or is there a minimum time of dormancy before it starts to grow ?
I have all these buckets of dirt left over from the tomatoes.
.........jiminwisc.......

I suppose one should buy seed stock ?
Or can I just plant some from the grocery store ?
can I plant in containers ?
Does it have to freeze before it grows in the spring ? Or is there a minimum time of dormancy before it starts to grow ?
I have all these buckets of dirt left over from the tomatoes.
.........jiminwisc.......
Most places sold out early this year
Organic from grocery store will grow, the conventional is treated to take a long time to grow....but it's softneck and might not make it through your winter.
I have heard people grow in containers.
I know if it's planted in the spring it doesn't bulb well.
You could put some in buckets and after a month move in a protective area below freezing until spring

I had a fall in the pen getting through the fence in order to close the ladies up for the night. Bruised the heel of my left hand at the base of the thumb and jarred my wrist pretty badly.

I've fallen more in the past month than I have in the past decade. I'm actually wondering if having lost over 80lbs has upset my sense of balance.

I had a fall in the pen getting through the fence in order to close the ladies up for the night. Bruised the heel of my left hand at the base of the thumb and jarred my wrist pretty badly.

I've fallen more in the past month than I have in the past decade. I'm actually wondering if having lost over 80lbs has upset my sense of balance.
I always roll onto my shoulder and side when I fall, saves my wrists and elbows, learned that skiiing.

How long did it take you to lose that much?

I always roll onto my shoulder and side when I fall, saves my wrists and elbows, learned that skiiing.

How long did it take you to lose that much?

I managed to fall right in the corner of the pen right onto the end of the ramp -- fortunately not getting the ramp in my ribs.

I've been doing low-carb for over a year and a half. My initial goal is to lose 100lbs but I might decide to keep going after that. I was literally twice my ideal weight so I'm working on losing an entire person.

I managed to fall right in the corner of the pen right onto the end of the ramp -- fortunately not getting the ramp in my ribs.

I've been doing low-carb for over a year and a half. My initial goal is to lose 100lbs but I might decide to keep going after that. I was literally twice my ideal weight so I'm working on losing an entire person.
I wouldn't think 'slow' loss would effect your balance, but maybe.

Suicidal deer are everywhere
Glad your truck is ok.
Did you pick it up and process? Usually a lot of it is fit to eat
No, there was really no where to pull off and it was dark. I hit it with the truck, then it went under the tires. No doubt it died. Poor thing.

Back
Top Bottom