Eta is singing y'all the blues?

No, actually this storm has nothing to do with Eta, which was down in Florida today. I looked at the radar last night and the wall of storm moving in was unrelated and coming west to east over the Appalachians.

Which is good because we've had 3 hurricanes already. Or was it 4? I lost count.

Hurricanes in North Carolina are the most normal thing that's happened all year.

No, actually this storm has nothing to do with Eta, which was down in Florida today. I looked at the radar last night and the wall of storm moving in was unrelated and coming west to east over the Appalachians.

Which is good because we've had 3 hurricanes already. Or was it 4? I lost count.

Hurricanes in North Carolina are the most normal thing that's happened all year.
Oh, I guess I quickly looked at the proposed path.

Eta missed us entirely. Was watering the property today, and digging mud out of the trenches were my foundations will go from a storm more than a week ago that was on no one's radar. Sadly, I had already wired more than a ton of rebar there, which I'm having to work around.

Mixed clay/sand soil there. The clay stayed in place, water found its way through the sand, and washed to down with.

First World Problems.

I'm glad Eta missed us. and every other named storm this year. But yeah, for a place that gets 58" of rain on average each year, I seem to be running the well a lot...

Eta is singing y'all the blues?
20201112_150400.jpg

This is the highest I have seen our river!
20201112_145804.jpg

Back
Top Bottom