I didn't know there was clay in Florida. shoveling among re-bar has to be the pits..
we had about 2" a few days ago. our house is on a hill side. so water flows right past if it doesn't soak in. there is a river at the bottom of
our hill. It does over flow it's banks once in a while. The house next to the river gets surrounded by water then. I have seen the kids who lived there riding around the yard in a speed boat.
.......jiminwisc.......

I'm far north in the Panhandle, and technically, closer to Alabama, but if you've ever heard of GA clay??? Its not strictly in GA. ;) Also, my foundations are dug into the side of my hill. Mostly I have sand, sandy loam, clay-y sands, and sandy clays.

I'm also on one of the higher points in the state (elevation about 185' where I currently sit) , less sand-bar like than any of the places in FL where I grew up (elevations 6 - 35' above mean sea level).

too cold to do anything outside so I am going to start getting geared up for some wine making.
I have a couple of carbouys to siphon to free them up for the blackberry wine. Not going to bother bottling anything right now..
will fill up some one gallon jugs.
......jiminwisc......
Good winter project

Back
Top Bottom