We are supposed to get rain tomorrow. I want to do stuff outside, but we will see.
I went to the biggest swap in the state Saturday. Sold lots and lots of chickens and 2 rabbits. It was quite tiring, but rewarding. I bought a bunch of feed and a 100 foot roll of wire fencing.
20210421_195658.jpg

Hope to start on the roof of the run soon. I ordered 40 more pieces of lumber for building my planned grow out coop.

I'm glad that I don't have to buy lumber right now. I wonder if the prices will ever come down ? I have over 1000 board feet of clear oak, so I am set. My daughter said that I should sell it. maybe I should.
My nephew is an industrial arts teacher at one of the high schools. He told me that the school just bought a Wood Mizer saw mill for his class to use..
He said that several schools are doing that.
Aart, I started up my lawn mower, too.
I should change the oil in it.
Next I have to start the rototiller.
we are getting some sort of moisture at least every third day. keeps it too wet for me to drag the garden. I need three dry days in a row. rained all morning again.
.......jiminwisc.....

I'm glad that I don't have to buy lumber right now. I wonder if the prices will ever come down ? I have over 1000 board feet of clear oak, so I am set. My daughter said that I should sell it. maybe I should.
My nephew is an industrial arts teacher at one of the high schools. He told me that the school just bought a Wood Mizer saw mill for his class to use..
He said that several schools are doing that.
Aart, I started up my lawn mower, too.
I should change the oil in it.
Next I have to start the rototiller.
we are getting some sort of moisture at least every third day. keeps it too wet for me to drag the garden. I need three dry days in a row. rained all morning again.
.......jiminwisc.....
Well Jim, last time I got lumber from them...about the time my truck was getting repaired, I paid $2 a board for 5/4" x 4"×8 '. And they were short on 8 foot boards so they gave me a few ten foot boards. She didn't mention any price increase when I ordered, but I could be unpleasantly surprised.

A friend wanted a fence put in around her yard, got two quotes, and the second one was twice the first, which made the choice easy. She found out that the person quoting had gone off of an old price sheet for the lumber. She said to me, "Well, I would have lost my job over a screw up that big."

I had a fall at work yesterday and injured my foot. I had a telemedicine visit this morning and the doctor thinks that it's probably not broken. I'm out of work until after my follow-up next week -- which is not the best way to get the rest I needed.

Fortunately, the 15yo can help me care for the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom