I just bought over $500 worth of materials for my next coop, a duplex grow out coop. Hubby unloaded most of it today.
This afternoon I went and got 23 bales of hay for the goats and bunnies.
20210511_232304.jpg

Cappy, that couldn't have been much more than a couple of armfuls of lumber.
The fixit guy was here, To the tune of $295.05. Needed a new tube. the valve stem corroded off.
It is nice to have Ollie back.
It rained/drizzled all day right up to when he finished putting his tools back into his truck. then the sun came out.
I got the rototiller out. It started right up. I will use it to finish digging. holes for the trees.
we sent to a neighboring town to an Amish green house and bought 6 tomato plants. Nice robust plants. I like the Amish green houses.
....jiminwisc.......

OMG! When I started reading this I couldn‘t believe how much my learning experiences mirror yours. And, when I got to comment about your frustration with your previous owner’s use of spiral galvanized nails, I laughed out loud - the destruction that has to happen just to replace even the smallest bathroom vanity at our house. Carpenter friends curse the previous owner/builder out by name as well - but tell me to rest assured we‘ll be safer when the big earthquake hits. 🤷🏻‍♀️😆

I must go back and keep reading though, because I still haven’t given up on the frustrations of the walls under the slant roofs. I’m starting a new coop and run this week and my wheels have been turning for days on how I’m going to cover the coop and run - as it will be home to white silkies and a couple of frizzled feather foot chickens and it needs to be dry.

Anyway - there appears to be years of ’good stuff’ here, so thank you to you and others for takimg the time to share. 🤗

OMG! When I started reading this I couldn‘t believe how much my learning experiences mirror yours. And, when I got to comment about your frustration with your previous owner’s use of spiral galvanized nails, I laughed out loud - the destruction that has to happen just to replace even the smallest bathroom vanity at our house. Carpenter friends curse the previous owner/builder out by name as well - but tell me to rest assured we‘ll be safer when the big earthquake hits. 🤷🏻‍♀️😆

I must go back and keep reading though, because I still haven’t given up on the frustrations of the walls under the slant roofs. I’m starting a new coop and run this week and my wheels have been turning for days on how I’m going to cover the coop and run - as it will be home to white silkies and a couple of frizzled feather foot chickens and it needs to be dry.

Anyway - there appears to be years of ’good stuff’ here, so thank you to you and others for takimg the time to share. 🤗
Thanks for coming by, hang out here any time.

Cappy, I wish I had your energy.
If I repeat myself, chalk it up to old age.
On Saturday it was in the high 70"s , no sun and a nice strong breeze. So I had a dry day to try to get something done outside.
I planted two potted pear trees. That wore me out. So I called my nephew and he came after work and planted the two bare root apple trees. I had dug the holes for the trees with the tractor bucket so there was a surplus of hole. I hauled four buckets of composted wood chips and Dan spread it out .
The perennial garden I am starting is over 250 feet from the house. Dan stretched water hosed down and we watered the trees in real good.
I had the apple trees heeled in the wheelbarrow for about two weeks. I covered them with potting soil that I had mixed in some Tomato Tone fertilizer.
When we planted the apple trees, they were both fully blossomed ..
Today we are finally getting a rainfall that is a rainfall. I can't do anything outside, but that is OK, We need the moisture.
the new rhubarb that we planted last fall is doing great. looks like all 28 plants came up. The garlic is about 30 inches tall. I never planted garlic before. I expected it to come up about knee high like onions.
.........jiminwisc........

That says it's pretty bad....but...I no longer have a dog nor do I spend much time in the woods and fields anymore so I haven't seen any since he died in fall 2019.
But the dog ticks had always been pretty bad around here, and starting around 2016-17 deer ticks started showing up, about the time Rascal tested positive for having had Anaplasmosis.
Sorry you're dog less. But no ticks is good.
I guess that's worse than Lyme, I hadn't heard of it.

Back
Top Bottom