Yes, waste can build up ammonia which can be bad for us and the birds. It does not pay to seal up every crack and crevice as long as predators can not reach in to grab your birds. I plan to have a vent high on two walls, plus two windows, and a walk in door and pop holes for the chickens.
I like the linoleum idea for easy cleaning! What do you think about using faux grass products for flooring? I have a hunch they can be sprayed down for easy cleaning and like the idea of what it could do aesthetically. I’m cautious, though. I wonder if the pecking would deteriorate the faux grass enough to end up in their systems. That wouldn’t be good. Ever heard of anyone using faux grass in their coop?

I like the linoleum idea for easy cleaning! What do you think about using faux grass products for flooring? I have a hunch they can be sprayed down for easy cleaning and like the idea of what it could do aesthetically. I’m cautious, though. I wonder if the pecking would deteriorate the faux grass enough to end up in their systems. That wouldn’t be good. Ever heard of anyone using faux grass in their coop?
Fake grass would be hard to clean...and yes they may chew/scratch it up.
Spraying down a chicken coop is not a good idea.

No, i think everything would stick to it.

Since hearing of the avian influenza, i hope to cover all the chicken runs because of the huge number of wild birds that fly over us here.
Husband says just use tarps. I would much rather use tin. And i also need to cover the stock tanks.

Since hearing of the avian influenza, i hope to cover all the chicken runs because of the huge number of wild birds that fly over us here.
Husband says just use tarps. I would much rather use tin. And i also need to cover the stock tanks.

I have become such a fan of metal roofing over the past year.

It's so EASY to work with (assuming you have the right tools).

I just covered a large section of my run at home after a hawk attack. The cloth netting we use here on the orchard works great. But we have tons of it here im not sure how available it is or what it costs. I assume it would keep other birds out as that its primary use for us on the orchard....... I like how it can be put up and down with relative ease if for any reason i need the run open.

The door to the last stall had to be taken off and 1/4" sawed off. What a pain. But it is done!
And i have chicks hatching!
20220226_004301.jpg

Back
Top Bottom