Oh my, husband less than happy about how i made the top for the run. It will be a while before i hear the end of that. He got paint on his hands. Like it's my fault paint dries over the span of days around here. I guess every build has some drama. 20170831_115416.jpg

good morning,
I lost this forum for a few days,
got side tracked from my concrete job.]
won't get back at it until at least tomorrow.
but I did put an inner tube into the tire on the big wheelbarrow. that tire is so old and dry it won't hold a seal on the rim.
while I was at it I lubed the axle and tightened a few bolts. it is as good as new again.
I was using a smaller wheelbarrow, but it could handle only 2 bags of mix per batch.
the big barrow will handle 3 and maybe a 4 bag mix. that should speed things up a lot.
the next pour will be about 20 bags total.

Now that I am back in the loop, I will take pictures of my 5 gal pail feeder.

so far the feed has never hung up (bridged) in this feeder. I was going to experiment with finely ground oats and corn 50/50 ..
but now I have sold all of my chickens and I won't be replacing them until next spring.

I will take pictures of the feeder.
I don't notice any waste with it..
........jiminwisc.......
Thanks for dropping by, Jim. Good to hear from you. Looking forward to seeing your feeder.

Looks nice !
What is the cattle pen on the last pic for ? Curious where you are going to use it ?
That is actually the gate to the chicken area, which is fenced in to keep goats out when we get them. Plus i can run electric fence around it to keep 4 legged predators out. You have sharp eyes!

Our coop is like 200 feet from the tap. I don't have that much hose. It will get tested eventually. Not in a hurry. So darned tired today i might just go shopping. Crazy hot already.

Since my run is about 25 feet from the house, I'm gonna use my mini rototiller and just dig a couple inches deep to run a hose and electrical through some PVC pipe. Nothing serious and can be ripped up any time. --BB

Attachments

• Rototiller-01.jpg
    Rototiller-01.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 46

Back
Top Bottom