OK, totally new to all this. i've got 2 chochin chickens my vet has been keeping for me while i figure out where i'm living, if i can bring them here. I know WHERE i'm going to put it... it will be "temporary" as i'll move in 1.5ish years. Is it possible to do the framework w PVC, and add plywood on the side, wood roost? they'll have the whole back yard to play in. I'm in Texas

Last edited:
Rule of twos....
Make it twice as big as you think you need, walk in....
Put in twice the amount of ventilation you think you need.
It will cost twice as much as you planned.
It will take twice as long to build as you thought it would.

If this is your first flock build coop first, then get chicks.
Since you built it bigger build in a in coop brooder/chicken jail.
Dirt floor for DLM

Gary
TRUTH! I went about it all backwards. Ended up having to build an entire new coop. We aren't done with the run yet. You WANT a door to your run...I promise that you do. And make sure that the run is tall enough for you to stand on your feet while cleaning or adding new features to your run. Crawling around a chicken run,(which we thought was the perfect height for chickens), is not fun....nope nope nope, not fun at all.

good day
I took yesterday off to deliver a puppy.
today I got a sort of early start and finished putting the siding on the first wall.
I have to trim off the extra material on the ends and then I can stand that wall up.
I might have to do it all alone. It is
12 feet long and just under 8 feet tall.

I had to take a break. on Wednesday I had one bee follow me around . just buzzing my head. went out this morning and that bee was right there again. stuck with me for 2 hours.
I am hoping when I go back out he will have forgotten me. I am almost at the point where I would rather get stung and get it over with..

.......jiminwisc......

good day
I took yesterday off to deliver a puppy.
today I got a sort of early start and finished putting the siding on the first wall.
I have to trim off the extra material on the ends and then I can stand that wall up.
I might have to do it all alone. It is
12 feet long and just under 8 feet tall.

I had to take a break. on Wednesday I had one bee follow me around . just buzzing my head. went out this morning and that bee was right there again. stuck with me for 2 hours.
I am hoping when I go back out he will have forgotten me. I am almost at the point where I would rather get stung and get it over with..

.......jiminwisc......
About that bee: we have several colonies of honey bees. Mostly they are not bothered by us and are only assertive if we open the hives for some reason. Last year however, there was a guard bee that took issue with us to the point she'd follow us to the house from the Bee Yard, buzz us constantly; it really felt like she was chasing us. After several days, she had to be dispatched.
The bees always buzzed my head until I switched all my hair care products to absolutely fragrance free. What finally did it was bees getting stuck in my hair and one sting. Stings on the scalp are awful. just sayin......

on Wednesday I had one bee follow me around . just buzzing my head. went out this morning and that bee was right there again. stuck with me for 2 hours.
Was it a bee or a wasp?
The yellow jackets are very active, might have a nest nearby that you inadvertently 'threatened' ...or you smell like food.

Back
Top Bottom