Your adorable gingerbread coop didn't figure in the top 3? Oh that is just not right. That coop was smile making.

I just woke up from falling asleep in front of the TV. DH had the nerve to take a picture of me snoring with my mouth hanging open.....nothing is sacred.:lau

Wax warmers. Are those like the potpourri warmers? I have one of those and I seriously doubt if one would handle the cold we have had recently. I have been running a 75 watt light bulb in my smaller coops during the day so the birds have a bit of relief from the frigid cold. The birds are finally figuring it out. I opened the coop door today and they were all jostling around for roost position closest to the light.

Your adorable gingerbread coop didn't figure in the top 3? Oh that is just not right. That coop was smile making.

I just woke up from falling asleep in front of the TV. DH had the nerve to take a picture of me snoring with my mouth hanging open.....nothing is sacred.:lau

Wax warmers. Are those like the potpourri warmers? I have one of those and I seriously doubt if one would handle the cold we have had recently. I have been running a 75 watt light bulb in my smaller coops during the day so the birds have a bit of relief from the frigid cold. The birds are finally figuring it out. I opened the coop door today and they were all jostling around for roost position closest to the light.
They call them wax warmers, the ones i have are made by Glade. I just put them in a wooden box i make and put a metal bowl on top and it gives the bunnies warm water so i don't have to deal with bowls full of frozen water.
20180103_202150.jpg
20180103_203250.jpg
20180103_203250.jpg
20180103_205020.jpg
20180103_204957.jpg

Attachments

• 20180103_204957.jpg
    20180103_204957.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 1
How do the handle spills?

I no sooner filled a water container with warm water yesterday than a hen was standing in it.
I have not had a problem with spills with the rabbits, they are not getting in water. With my chicken water heaters it is fine. One has an upside down pan on it, so water would run off and the other has sheet metal.
20171220_234539.jpg
20171224_163813.jpg

I made a couple of water warmers.
I cut about 6 inches off of the bottom of a
plastic 5 gal pail.
mounted a porcelain light fixture inside.
drilled a hole in the bucket to run the electric cord through to the fixture.
drilled a bunch of 1/2 inch holes through the bottom all around the edge of the cut off pail. put the open side down with the bottom side up. added a 60W light bulb.
set the 5 gal waterer on it and it did very well. cost was less than a dollar..
If I had to do it over, I would make an enclosure on 3 sides of the whole set up.
retain all the heat you can..

I might have pictures .. I will look for them.

.........jiminwisc.......

Back
Top Bottom