stubbing a toe is an awkward injury.
it hurts too much to laugh, but not enough to cry..

it rained all night here. I had my new hearing aids in while watching TV in bed.
for once in a long time, I could hear the rain dripping off the roof.. what a peaceful sound that is..
.....jiminwisc......

I've never before mangled a toe like I did this one. I'm just glad with all the colourful bruising, its hardly painful anymore, unless it gets tugged sideways.

I'm getting new hearing aids in a couple of weeks. My current ones are almost 10 years old, so its certainly time for an upgrade.

I love the sounds of rain and birds and bugs.

I've never before mangled a toe like I did this one. I'm just glad with all the colourful bruising, its hardly painful anymore, unless it gets tugged sideways.

I'm getting new hearing aids in a couple of weeks. My current ones are almost 10 years old, so its certainly time for an upgrade.

I love the sounds of rain and birds and bugs.
And frogs.

the rain finally moved out about noon today.

yesterday I made an appt. to go look at a Dixon zero turn lawn mower.
we arrived a few minutes before the 2PM time we were supposed to meet.
seemed like nobody was home. after ringing the door bell a couple of times, we called on the phone. the guy answered,
"Oh , I sold it already" well thanks for letting us drive 20 miles for nothing..
Annie called Homdepoe. I didn't know she did. She told me that they have Cub Cadet mowers and lawn tractor/mowers.
She said, why don't we just go and get one and not have to deal with people like that guy.. Well, twist MY arm.. I was in the car in an instant..
I didn't care much for their zero turn machines. the mower deck is way back almost under the seat. No good for mowing under low hanging branches of the pine trees.
so we bought a 42" tractor/mower.
18HP. more than enough mower for this place. I mow just under 3 acres , but not all of it all the time. but with this mower I will go over it all at least once to control the weeds.
the people who bought an incubator from me called. it quit heating just 2 days before lockdown. I told them to come and get mine and transfer the eggs into it..
I hope it works out for them..
......jiminwisc......

In the restaurant a young man/boy was trying to rib the old timers.
Yup, he said, today we have push button conveniences that you old timers never had.
we have colored TV, some of you didn't have even a radio.
one of the old guys said, "yup, sonny, you're right" " but our generation invented all of those things for you.."

That tool just really doesn't want to work for you right now, does it.
No, but i am determined. I did get one working today, and finished putting all the wire on that cage. So 2 small trim boards and the roof, and i will be done. Can hardly wait to move the chickens into it.

Back
Top Bottom