Wow! watching you I feel like a slouch. I did manage to get the kids to help me finish the duck run renovation View attachment 1484385 this is as good of a before pic as I can find..... it was ugly I didn't want pics.View attachment 1484386 here we see the house moved bach and turned to face west right under the apricot treeView attachment 1484388 the view going into the space they had, with a raised roofView attachment 1484389 the dog blindView attachment 1484391 and a view of the duck pen backing up to the turkey pen...... I must have lost the pic showing the whole thing..... it's now over 5 foot tall so I can stand up in it. Duck house is the coolest one on the place for the summer
Wow, that is a lot of space for the birds! That's great.

I got the side walls up for one run, and the panel for the second run is done. Must have done something to my back, it hurts like crazy. Time to rest. 20180728_164355.jpg

I got the side walls up for one run, and the panel for the second run is done. Must have done something to my back, it hurts like crazy. Time to rest.View attachment 1484506
Are the panels 8' long? and the run 8' wide? I can see they are 6'high.. I am sure you posted it, but I didn't pay attention :oops:

i was thinking about building a run with a wire top... tired of silly turkeys roosting in trees at bedtime... they do go in for meal worms though... would be good for hawk migration time too.. tree roots and post holes are a pain

prayers for your back

Are the panels 8' long? and the run 8' wide? I can see they are 6'high.. I am sure you posted it, but I didn't pay attention :oops:

i was thinking about building a run with a wire top... tired of silly turkeys roosting in trees at bedtime... they do go in for meal worms though... would be good for hawk migration time too.. tree roots and post holes are a pain

prayers for your back
No, i didn't post the size of the runs. The first one is 6' high, by 10'x8'. I am planning to do the same for the other one but the 10' side will go the other way and may end up 10x10 due to trees in the way.
This back issue is so not good, hubby is on vacation. All my tools are outside, and i want a nap. Maybe i can go put the tarp over the tools for now. It's mainly the compressor i don't want to lift.

yep, lots of work, but not too strenuous .
I would be happy with 50% success..

BTW, I always thought I was the world's greatest husband..
Nope, my hubby is. You can be #2. He cooks, he cleans, does his own laundry. Packs and runs then unloads the dishwasher. Gets the mail, pays the bills, buys the groceries. What a guy!

Cap I took a pic of our coop that we built with wine on top and posts after 4 years it's in shambles. We thought we were doing it right. We even put a support pole from one end to the other down the middle for support.
20180729_112728.jpg

I wish we had made the sides like you did.
Can you see the watermelon vine growing and blooming. A gift from the flock. Lol

Cap I took a pic of our coop that we built with wine on top and posts after 4 years it's in shambles. We thought we were doing it right. We even put a support pole from one end to the other down the middle for support.
View attachment 1485616
I wish we had made the sides like you did.
Can you see the watermelon vine growing and blooming. A gift from the flock. Lol
You built it with wine on top??

Back
Top Bottom