I got all the baking done at 10:05PM.
2 pie crusts, one cherry pie and a pan of dinner rolls. I will make the lemon and banana filling in the morning.
also will make the stuffing in the morning.
I guess there will be 8 people for dinner.
we will have plenty of food if 3 times that decide to show up..
Boots, going fishing does not take a decision
Have a Merry Christmas.

We just finished the homemade cheesecake..... yum. We are also responsible for cooking and bringing the ham that grandpa provided..... oh and a broccoli casserole. My mother cooked the turkey( store bought) and is taking care of the salad, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes..... we will have way more food than guests but that is the norm

Boots, going fishing does not take a decision
You are wise indeed. We decided where we are retiring to based on the fishing and shellfishing.

I'll be making rib roast with garlic and rosemary and sea salt, creamed spinach, and baked potatoes. A menu that looks fancy but takes very little effort. Going to make the roast in the new dutch oven!

well, everybody came and they all left.
nobody had room for dessert.
we proved that nine people cannot eat an 18 pound turkey..
couldn't get anybody to take any food home with them.
when the bellies are full, food doesn't seem too appealing, I guess..
yeah , Boots, I spent five winters in Fla.fished almost every day off of a pier. met a lot of interesting people.. caught hundreds of sheep heads.. a few sea trout, snook and red fish.. one grouper..

My brother used to fish for sharks when he went to FL. He may still, idk he won't talk to me any more. Hates me for putting Mom in a nursing home.
I am sorry. It is never easy deciding what to do when our loved ones need more care. Doesn't always make everyone happy either but I have seen that few want to step up and take on the extra work of keeping them at home but fully expect another person to..... be it a child or sibling.

Back
Top Bottom