I am currently building my biggest coop ever and thought about how many newbies are trying to build their first coop ever. Thinking of all you struggling to learn the use of tools and with questions on your mind about planning, i thought it would be helpful to share what i have learned and let others do the same. Even small tips can ease frustration in the building process. If you just want to share pictures of your progress, have at it. Let's share and encourage each other.
The usual back yard chicken rules apply. Please play nice, no need to be rude. Everyone has to learn sometime . Welcome to my coop building thread.
A chicken coop should be situated where the drainage is good and not in the wet or problematic areas of your yard. Elevate a chicken coop from the ground at least 1 foot for a variety of reasons.

20200402_182445.jpg
It came, and I assembled it! I have talked to people who like them, and one person who had bad results
Today I got some wood painted for a panel with a door in it for the playhouse coop! Hope to assemble it tomorrow.

I don't care what kind of incubator it is, somebody will have bad results.
99% of the time it is the operator's fault.
bad eggs, not setting up the unit correctly,
poor monitoring of the operation..
My worst flop was once when I had about 100 eggs in the incubator, and I miscalculated the hatch date. I tossed the eggs out a couple of days early. only to discover lots of live chicks in the shells.
too late to save them because when I dumped the tray most of the eggs broke.
that was early in my carrier ..
....jiminwisc.......

Back
Top Bottom