85F at noon, shooting for 89F around 4PM.
humid. expecting bad storm after dark or dusk.
tornadoes likely and big hail. I hope they are wrong..
I did get the first pad poured. now I am hiding out in the AC house..
I like my room in the basement. it rarely gets above the 60F's.. No AC needed ..
a shower is due for me.
.....jiminwisc....

Today I worked on cleaning out the cochin coop. Got about 2/3 done and hubby was trying to burn a big pile of pine logs. But he didn't have enough kindling or large branches to get them started. As usual. So I cut up three Mule loads of branches and collected 5 gallon buckets of twigs. Got that fire going.
He did shovel some dirt into one of the raised garden boxes. I got the third one painted this evening, but it will need more cross pieces. And I will need another roll of wire.

remind me to buy stock in wire and staples.
the 60mph winds and hail never came.
I covered the plants for no reason.
Aart, it looked like some nasty stuff came close to you, though.
It usually misses us about three or four times, and then WHAM !!!
I am waiting for it to warm up to 60F , then I am going outside and watering all of my plants. That should bring on the rain..
I am not too thrilled with the concrete mix I got. It took forever to set, even with 84F temperature. I will decide if I will take it back after I check it today. It didn't seem to have much cement in the mix..
......jiminwisc.....

Aart, it looked like some nasty stuff came close to you, though.
It pretty much missed us, looks like it fell apart coming over the lake.

I am not too thrilled with the concrete mix I got. It took forever to set, even with 84F temperature.
Probably 'old' and got 'wet'.
Even just high humidity can start the chemical 'process', once that happens it can't be restarted. Had that problem numerous times when doing concrete sculptures.
Ended up repackaging the portland in smaller bags with desiccant pouches in them.
Once had to borrow a dehumidifier to 'dry out' the studio prior to repackaging.

Sheeesh, how frustrating aart. That's alot of effort for preparing cement for artwork.
It was frustrating.
Better than being all set up, mixing a batch, and having to trash it.
Used to do some tiny test batches with new portland stock,
I could tell almost immediately if it was good or not.

this is Master Craft brand in 60# plastic bags.
I pre ordered and picked up. They picked it out
I usually get Quik Crete.
Only once I had that come half set in the bag.
I used it anyway. I used the soft ball sized chunks as aggregate .
This morning the pad is hard. so I guess I will do a couple more pads with it..
glad nobody got clobbered by the storms.

well,the pad I poured yesterday is nice and set today. So, I mixed up a large batch and poured the last three pads for the first section of floor. Probably tomorrow I will do the three pads for the second section of floor.
I am getting 8 hours of sun in the green house. at about 3PM the shadow of the trees shades it. but there is still plenty of light.
I counted buckets today. I have 27 potted tomatoes and peppers.
All 5 gallon buckets..
.....jiminwisc.....

Back
Top Bottom