cappy, I just put awning across the front of my garage. I pre built trusses and then lag screwed them onto the wall.
No ground supports needed.
the sloped portion is 48''. they stick out from the wall about 37''..
do you need pictures or a tutorial ? you can make yours any size you want. you don't have the snow load we do up here. so strength is not a problem.
.........jiminwaUSAu.......
No, it doesn't need to be really large and the tin roofing is not very heavy. I think I have this. But thanks.
Btw, I think it may be @aart 's birthday! Happy birthday Aart!

wow, that roof went up fast.
I really like steel ribbed roofing. Easy to put up, lasts a lifetime..
not much for plans here today. first thing is go to the VA for labs.
Later I want to lay out the post spacing for the grape arbor. I have to position an H-brace at each end of it.. I bought some vinyl covered steel clothes line for the wires. It should handle the tension I need to keep the wire taught. there will be a support post every six feet.
Last night I ordered 100 rhubarb seeds from Amazon. I will plant some right away onto the ground. some I will plant into pots in late winter...
.....jiminwaUSAu.....

I use a poop hammock under my roost. Its made of empty feed sacks. Its easy to clean and change out. We just sweep it out daily and change it out every now and again.

This was my initial build. I don't have a walk in coop but my run is. My coop is elevated to allow chickens more "run" space under the coop. it can be viewed here.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/my-chicken-coop.74343/

I have since built on two more runs and coops that can be used to separate a broody and her nest or to break broodies from sitting. Or they can be opened up to make one larger coop/run when not needing to separate.

I totally agree with make your coop/run twice as big as you think! I started out wanting 8 chickens. We bought 10. I now have 17. All are bantams so they don't take up as much room.

wow, that roof went up fast.
I really like steel ribbed roofing. Easy to put up, lasts a lifetime..
not much for plans here today. first thing is go to the VA for labs.
Later I want to lay out the post spacing for the grape arbor. I have to position an H-brace at each end of it.. I bought some vinyl covered steel clothes line for the wires. It should handle the tension I need to keep the wire taught. there will be a support post every six feet.
Last night I ordered 100 rhubarb seeds from Amazon. I will plant some right away onto the ground. some I will plant into pots in late winter...
.....jiminwaUSAu.....
My grandma had a big rhubarb patch out in front of a storage shed. Yum, strawberry rhubarb pie!

Back
Top Bottom