we have not had a dog for almost a year. We do not have any birds or animals either. So far the predators have not come back, Not even the coons. Our property was well marked when the dogs were here. Maybe it is still marked. Probably will wear off in time.
Nothing to draw preds in. but that never stopped the coons before dogs..
Bro has a deer stand behind our house.
hasn't seen any deer, but watched 13 turkeys working in the field next to the woods. no toms..
........jiminwisc.......

I have to give the neighbor a call. He is off the beaten path, so I don't think he is sold out yet.
wouldn't it be nice to have a day off from aches and pain ? You know, like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Aches day ..
I am sitting with an ice pack on my hip. the swelling should go away in about an hour or so.
It snowed about a quarter of an inch last night. Easy to remove.. Sent Annie out with a broom... :lau :oops:
......jiminwisc......
Good work! Hope you finish healing up soon.

Hi all,
had PT today. wore me out. came home and took a nap.
I went to the neighbor and bought a pound of organic garlic. hard neck. as we lingered and talked, the man kept putting garlic into the bag.
I think we ended up with almost two pounds.
$14.oo/pound.. I don't know if that is a good price or not.
Anyhow, we are supposed to be getting some temps in the high 40F's in a few days.
Maybe I can still get them into the ground.
.......jiminwisc.......

Yes Aart, only charged for one pound.
I did google it. I found prices as high as $30.oo/lb ..
My big project for today is to find a tiny nut that I dropped yesterday. I heard it hit the tractor on it's way down. I was too cold to go looking for it just then, Today the wide magnet will be in use..
the tachometers I ordered are due here tomorrow.. then I can set the idle on Ollie.
....jiminwisc......

We got 2.25" of rain. One tree snapped off about 15' up the trunk , right across the Mule trail. And another pine tree snapped off about an 8 foot section from the top and mashed the goat fence!
It rained all morning, but it got very windy after the rain stopped. I did get the packing crate coop scrubbed out, and removed the nest box to adjust it. And I built another nest box so there will be two. Hope to paint the inside of the coop tomorrow, and maybe build poop trays.

We got 2.25" of rain. One tree snapped off about 15' up the trunk , right across the Mule trail. And another pine tree snapped off about an 8 foot section from the top and mashed the goat fence!
It rained all morning, but it got very windy after the rain stopped. I did get the packing crate coop scrubbed out, and removed the nest box to adjust it. And I built another nest box so there will be two. Hope to paint the inside of the coop tomorrow, and maybe build poop trays.
Poor goat fence, hopefully they don't get out.
Glad the trees by the buildings didn't get one.

We got wind but very little rain.

Chickens are fine, as is the cheap, small pavilion shading their coop in the temporary location.

The big, higher-quality, pavilion that made our outdoor living room is a pile of wreckage. :(

Back
Top Bottom