oh! helpful hint. I don't know how many people use wheelbarrows when cleaning out their coops (mine look more like horse stalls), but I am unbelievably grateful that mine fits through the door. Consider actual width, including wheels and whatever you have attaching your wheel, plus some clearance.

more generally, consider what youd use inside the coop and make sure the door accommodates that getting in and out.

My coop doors are only 24", but I don't use a barrow inside.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/aarts-coop-page.65912/

But I made sure the run door was wide enough, more for bring stuff in rather than out.
It was tricky, but fun.
1605704017466.png

1605704039189.png

I used to work at Weathershield Windows. We also made steel insulated doors. I bought cull doors and windows from the outlet shop. The 3/0 steel door with lite cost me $5.oo..
Sometimes I could pick up windows for zero cost.
I built and operated the test chamber for a few years..
I could also buy a pick up truck load of window seat board cutoffs for $25.oo/load.
Nice for building book shelves and such.
.......jiminwisc.......

Cappy, you have sure come a long way from your original post. from amateur to master carpenter/builder..
The awning roof I built last summer is working 100% as I hoped it would. the snow slid off of the roof today and it is four feet away from the garage doors..
......jiminwisc.......
Thanks Jim, how are you feeling these days?

Back
Top Bottom