thanks,
the weatherman has decided to make it snow on Thursday night instead of Wednesday night. How thoughtful, eh ?
Dan will plow snow if needed. Otherwise Bob will come with his p u truck..
Dan has never plowed snow. and I won't be able to teach him. He will have to teach himself.. I did..
It has been a long time since I painted a sheet of plywood. It is amazing how long it takes. There is a lot of area to cover.. I suppose it would have gone faster with a roller..

.......jiminwisc......

thanks,
the weatherman has decided to make it snow on Thursday night instead of Wednesday night. How thoughtful, eh ?
Dan will plow snow if needed. Otherwise Bob will come with his p u truck..
Dan has never plowed snow. and I won't be able to teach him. He will have to teach himself.. I did..
It has been a long time since I painted a sheet of plywood. It is amazing how long it takes. There is a lot of area to cover.. I suppose it would have gone faster with a roller..

.......jiminwisc......
If Dan has been watching, he should be able to figure out how to plow.... good enough to get out at least.
Work threw me in a plow with no training.... except how to work the controller, and that was because the plow stayed on the truck I sometimes used for the season. But I just had to plow with the storm to keep the campus roads open.

Dan has never watched me plow snow.
He is not real mechanically inclined.. He can make the tractor go, but to get the bucket level with the ground and not gouge up the dirt takes some practice.. If he gets stuck, I know he won't know how to use the bucket to push himself backwards. Luckily, this year we don't have ice under the snow..
.........jiminwisc.........

Dan has never watched me plow snow.
He is not real mechanically inclined.. He can make the tractor go, but to get the bucket level with the ground and not gouge up the dirt takes some practice.. If he gets stuck, I know he won't know how to use the bucket to push himself backwards. Luckily, this year we don't have ice under the snow..
.........jiminwisc.........
Yeah he can make a real mess with the bucket

Today I got another piece of plywood on the coop!
20210113_161944.jpg

And the frame for the clean out hole. I would love to get the roof on soon...look at that grass coming up where the run will be!

And another piece of plywood cut and screwed on. Hubby says he is going to help me level it up. He thinks he is going to lift it. No way with those 2x6s under the plywood base .
I got some pieces of 2x4s out of the dumpster at Lowes. They had nails in them, but I got them out. Turns out they are exactly the right size for roof supports! So now I only need one more. Hope to put those on today.

Have not done much of anything, feeling like I have some sort of bug. So just resting and doing chores that must be done. Hope everyone is well, and sending best wishes to Jim.

Ventilation!!! It rains allot in Oregon with high humidity and heat. It makes allot of condensation within the coop.... this little coop came with venting and it’s not nearly enough so keep that in mind with prebuilt houses .. hope that helps ( oh and that fan is on a 24 hour timer and I run it for a few hours a day)
B82625E6-A705-4E47-A0E8-D5AED1BBB6F8.jpeg
EF04F0E7-F8C2-4D93-BA24-2080C63B0C14.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom