Rule of twos....
Make it twice as big as you think you need, walk in....
Put in twice the amount of ventilation you think you need.
It will cost twice as much as you planned.
It will take twice as long to build as you thought it would.

If this is your first flock build coop first, then get chicks.
Since you built it bigger build in a in coop brooder/chicken jail.
Dirt floor for DLM

Gary
if it’s your first flock...you don’t really need a brooder. i just started a new flock. you can just put them in the coop and they will stay under the hot plate or light

We are going to need photos!

1592173236387-png.2195013

This is the thread from the remodel: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/renovating-the-little-monitor-roof-coop.1382615/

I'd been thinking it was time to make a proper coop page for it.

Our neighbors who we spent the holidays with had a tragedy. He was feeling like he was going to have a stroke. So they went to the ER. He had a bulge in his aorta. They operated. He was doing ok, then suddenly...he had a stroke. A few days later( today) he died. It breaks my heart. So sudden.

Our neighbors who we spent the holidays with had a tragedy. He was feeling like he was going to have a stroke. So they went to the ER. He had a bulge in his aorta. They operated. He was doing ok, then suddenly...he had a stroke. A few days later( today) he died. It breaks my heart. So sudden.

I'm so sorry. God be with all who loved him.

Sorry for your loss
Prayers for comfort

Back
Top Bottom