Ondura has had almost exclusively negative long term feedback in my tiny corner of the world. Cracks too easily, can't be repaired easily, has to be painted constantly to prevent UV breakdown, not great for large spans, and subject to a lot of thermal expansion and contraction.

My Lowes couldn't discount it low enough to get people to take it. Manufacturer has discontinued the original product lines entirely, replacing it with Ondura Premium - thicker, hopefully more durable, but I'm not willing to be a test subject at any price.
Yeah , I used it in TN and didn't buy more after that.

I did my garage, and re-did my house and all the sheds and coops with metal..
easy to install and will last longer than I expect to be on this earth.
the roosts should be far enough apart to keep the birds on the higher roost from pooping onto the lower birds. about one foot should do it. Maybe you can get by with just one roost ?
....jiminwisc.......

Helpful hint for cutting rolls of wire, do it with the wire on the ground and put your foot on it so it doesn't curl and pop up when you cut all the way through. I got poked by one of the cut wires today because I was cutting it while it was upright. My forehead dripped blood all the way down to my nose. It puffed up too. I put my cold water bottle on it for a while but kept on working. Long overdue to get this thing done!
20210228_161416.jpg

Helpful hint for cutting rolls of wire, do it with the wire on the ground and put your foot on it so it doesn't curl and pop up when you cut all the way through.
Only way to cut wire, IMO.

It puffed up too.
I've found when galvanized wire breaks the skin it causes instant redness and irritation.
I flush immediately with HP, then slather with neosporin and bandage.

Helpful hint for cutting rolls of wire, do it with the wire on the ground and put your foot on it so it doesn't curl and pop up when you cut all the way through. I got poked by one of the cut wires today because I was cutting it while it was upright. My forehead dripped blood all the way down to my nose. It puffed up too. I put my cold water bottle on it for a while but kept on working. Long overdue to get this thing done! View attachment 2550139
We were cutting galvanized wire yesterday for fencing and it snapped up and cut into my husband’s arm. We stood on it for cutting after that!

Back
Top Bottom