I was thinking from what I've read since the Silkies can't fly and prefer to hop then they could use this pre-fab portion of the coop. Then Polish since he luvs flying (and if and when I get a couple more chicks that are either polish or Orrington, then they could use addition piece which would let them have roosts up off the poop board at higher levels.
I figured it might help with pecking order to let silkies have their own coop area and others access to higher area without being inside same coop.
Or do you think it would be worse or not help?
I agree with Aart, build a single large coop. One that you can stand up in. Make it as big as you can. If I had to do it over, I would have an overhead door on one side.

We have had about one inch of rain since Sunday. everything is staying moist so I don't have to water.
I planted a tub of beans, and a tub of beets.
have 8 tomatoes in pots , and two tubs of strawberries. these are all in the yard near the house. I have one more tub to fill with something.
I mowed some of the lawn for the first time this spring/summer. got about a pick load of hay. Mulched the four new trees real good with some of it. the rest is on a pile decomposing.
have to get the grapes weeded.
.......jiminwisc.......

I agree with Aart, build a single large coop. One that you can stand up in. Make it as big as you can. If I had to do it over, I would have an overhead door on one side.
Keep the small coop separate, you may need it for quarantine of new birds or chicks.

Back
Top Bottom